05 The Best Robot Talent In History (JET MARS)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:Jetter's gal pal is pretty cute :)

You mean the blond haired girl?

That's Miri, his older robotic sister. She was also created by Dr. Kawashimo.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Xenops" wrote:I watched this episode in Spanish (which I understand about 1/2) and the main theme seemed to be for Mars to "Resistir" or resist. But I was confused as to what he was resisting? Being impulsive? Controlling his strength?

Any clues?

It may be about resisting the urge to be famous? Like Pinocchio being persuaded to go on "Easy Street" with J. Worthington Foulfellow.
I'm on Twitter.

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:It may be about resisting the urge to be famous? Like Pinocchio being persuaded to go on "Easy Street" with J. Worthington Foulfellow.

That certainly fits the context, doesn't it? Perhaps that is it.

And yes, I do enjoy Miri also. :D She's cute and a good balance for Mars.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Hate to bump, but instead of creating a new thread...

I was looking at the Jetter Mars fansite, using Google Translate. According to the fansite, the fat lady is in fact the wife of Hamegg, and her name is apparently "Mrs. Ham Salad".

...Interesting, if not weird...

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Xenops;120682]I watched this episode in Spanish (which I understand about 1/2) and the main theme seemed to be for Mars to "Resistir" or resist. But I was confused as to what he was resisting? Being impulsive? Controlling his strength?

Any clues?

It may be about resisting the urge to be famous? Like Pinocchio being persuaded to go on "Easy Street" with J. Worthington Foulfellow.[/QUOTE]
I watched the Disney version not too long ago, & I thought the fox's name was "Honest John."

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:Hate to bump, but instead of creating a new thread...

I was looking at the Jetter Mars fansite, using Google Translate. According to the fansite, the fat lady is in fact the wife of Hamegg, and her name is apparently "Mrs. Ham Salad".

...Interesting, if not weird...

It is not a bump since you have said something relevant! :D I have an old google translation of that site, but it says nothing of the woman. google has been improving its translations, so, a new copy may be worthwhile.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Perhaps you're looking at an older version of the website?

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;120838][QUOTE=Xenops;120682]I watched this episode in Spanish (which I understand about 1/2) and the main theme seemed to be for Mars to "Resistir" or resist. But I was confused as to what he was resisting? Being impulsive? Controlling his strength?

Any clues?

It may be about resisting the urge to be famous? Like Pinocchio being persuaded to go on "Easy Street" with J. Worthington Foulfellow.[/QUOTE]
I watched the Disney version not too long ago, & I thought the fox's name was "Honest John."[/QUOTE]

He only pretends that people call him that, as a nickname.

Admittedly, his real name is never uttered in the movie, but that's what it is.
Last edited by F-Man on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Twitter.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

What? is that a name from the novel?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

Here are a few more images; the 1st 4 should be at the beginning of the others already posted:
Mars & Miri have flown into the drive-in theater, & are watching a Western starring Saboten (Cactus) Sam.

This guy trows them out.

This is where they 1st encountered Hamegg. Anyone care to read the marquee?

These next images go between Hamegg's inviting Mars & Miri to lunch & activating the knock-out pill that Miri ate, and Mars visiting Miri in the hospital.

Hamegg had a robot inside the computer facade handing out pre printed 'answers' to Hamegg's questions about Mars' talent. As I mentioned in the other thread (HOW MUCH $$ DO/DID YOUR PARENTS SPEND ON YOUR XMAS GIFTS?--, when I was a kid, computers were pure science fiction, as far as we were concerned, & we did not even know what they were. :lol:

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 12 years ago

Awuh ^.^ Jet is sooo cute I'm going to melt
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”