A copy of Toby

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

I thought of that episode as well when typing the original post. He had never bled in all that time! No matter how reprogrammed or well built you would have to catch on. Was this robot eating / drinking or ever tried a cigarette in high school?

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

If he did, it would bust his systems.

:astro: Oh no! Smoke! SMOKE! :lol:

Anyway, in the movie its probable that he did already know that he's a robot and that he would based of Toby (but at first he thought that he was toby). Remember how on the building Astro scanned his hands and learnt that he's actually a robot.

And anyway, I've kinda forgotten this part as its such a long time since I've seen the movie (if you can call 1 year a long time LOL) but didn't O'Shay (Elefun) reveal to him the past, during the meeting where Tenma rejected him? :confused:

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

I probably would have noticed it sooner than Astro did probably because of:

1) the boots problem.

"Hey dad, why don't my boots come off?"

2) I would wonder why I woke up in just my boxers and red boots in the ministry of science where robots are built.

3) I would wonder why my hair didn't get messed up when I was sleeping and why I couldn't do anything to my hair.

4) I would of course wonder why I hadn't needed to use the bathroom or why I couldn't take off my boxers/trunks.

5) I would also wonder why my robot friend freaks out when he sees me even though he sees me everyday.

"That wasn't weird at all, Orin :rolleyes: ."
Last edited by Astro Boy2866 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Maybe he did... just didn't say it out loud ;)

...Although most movie characters do.

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

Or the fact when you kick at you bed you see a dent and not an ow :lol:
Unyongnekasayo

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

Any thought about how Astro in the movie did not find anything weird with himself can be traced back to him being a robot and was therefore programmed to not question those things.
I'm on Twitter.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

That is a good point. If Tenma makes it so that he doesn't mind those things or doesn't question the fact that he can't take off his boots, change his hairstyle, etc, then that would actually make sense of why he seemed very slow to figure out that he was a robot.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

it would be imposible for tenma to edit my memories so that I would not notice that I am not human, my memory is vary detailed and I have ways of varifieing and recovering memories, I would pick up the little diferinces almost imedioutly

here's a bit of a topic shift.......
what would you all do if you wokeup one day and found you were a robot copy of your former self?????????????
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby karl0s » 13 years ago

Astro could have been programmed to be ignorant to the fact he was a robot. He could have been programmed to think that not being able to take off your boots was 'normal'.
Sig and avatar thanks to Alittleacorn :lol:

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

"karl0s" wrote:Astro could have been programmed to be ignorant to the fact he was a robot. He could have been programmed to think that not being able to take off your boots was 'normal'.

Exactly my point.

"diehard67" wrote:what would you all do if you wokeup one day and found you were a robot copy of your former self?????????????

I would be pretty creeped out, but I would wonder what I would tell people when they see that I had stopped getting older.

"It's a rare aging disorder."

I think it would be pretty cool to find out that you are some hi-tech futuristic robot who can fly and do other stuff and live to see all the changes in the world.
Last edited by Astro Boy2866 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”