GUYS YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

Eep, ah well. Someday eventually. :(

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 12 years ago

I don't know why you're all just now finding out about this. I've also known about this short series of comics of while and I have the scans on my hard drive. Reason why is because I don't think their worth the time, or the money to purchase and read.

The movie was okay.. not great but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Calling the movie the worst thing ever and such is a bit exaggerating I admit. There were some things that I liked actually. But I hated these comics. The art looks like crap compared to the original Manga, and those books aren't even in color. Not to mention the story to me was a bit lame compared to the original works as well. To me this art style is ugly.

I don't know why they called it a prequel. If anything, this comic I think is as close to a sequel as we'll get. I keep forgetting to make a thread related to the topic of a sequel to the film.. but I'll get into that in a different discussion.

But to put it bluntly... IMO reading these comics is a waste of time. Compared to the original works, they're garbage IMO. And I would much rather see a new anime series if anything...

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 12 years ago

"Ghost" wrote:I don't know why you're all just now finding out about this.

We're not...

"Ghost" wrote:But to put it bluntly... IMO reading these comics is a waste of time. Compared to the original works, they're garbage IMO.

I thought they were "ok" at best, as the movie was, but I wouldn't go as far as calling them garbage.
And they are certainly not an add for an upcoming Astro Boy movie, as earlier posts in this thread suggested.

shahinaa50
Metro City Citizen

Postby shahinaa50 » 12 years ago

Are you guys sure? because the site i found out was just updated few days ago and it wasn't that long.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"shahinaa50" wrote:Are you guys sure? because the site i found out was just updated few days ago and it wasn't that long.

Well, that was a review, not a news article... If you check the graphic novel on Amazon, the release date is September 22, 2009.
I'm on Twitter.

HanaImakura
Kokoro Robot

Postby HanaImakura » 12 years ago

"shahinaa50" wrote:I was following Astro Boy's twitter and it's a great news, please have the drum rolls!!!!

IT IS A OFFICAL THAT I ANNOUNCE THAT..... THERE IS GOING TO BE......

ASTRO BOY 2!! A PREQUEL!!!!

I KNOW! I SCREAMED WHEN I FOUND OUT!!! I KNEW ASTRO WILL BE BACK! I GOT PROOF! HERE'S THE LINK, TAKE A LOOK! XD! :astro:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/9119433/graphic_novel_review_astro_boy_the.html?cat=40

I am seriously beginning to wonder... I've known about this prequel thing for years, now... Anyway, I don't get it. How can there be a prequel where Atom is already a robot? I mean, a prequel is a before-main-story thing and in the main story is when Atom finally becomes a robot.
When you wish upon a star... Sometimes many things will spur from your wish later. :astro:

Bender the Sniper
Metro City Citizen

Postby Bender the Sniper » 12 years ago

You can't believe everything you see on the Internet unless you actually have proof.

They were planning on a sequel, but with the movie's failure and Imagi's untimely death, it's probably not going to happen now.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
ATLAS - The #1 threat to Japan.

I'll be back.

Avatar painted by Bryan Lee O'Malley.

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 12 years ago

@Hana

I call it the sequel comic. Reason why is because I think whoever made the comics had the word 'prequel' confused with 'sequel.' Who knows, either they weren't American or they didn't do so well when they took English in High School.

This comic I think is proof of why we don't want to see a sequel to the CGI film. At least in my opinion anyway.

SpaceCookie
Banned

Postby SpaceCookie » 12 years ago

I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be a sequel of the CGI Astro Boy movie. At least not anytime soon, and if there is..it won't be a continuation of the last. It'll likely end up just being the Pluto Movie which Universal currently has control over.

Solarcat20
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Solarcat20 » 12 years ago

i have mixed feelings about the 2009 film. i don't mind new characters added to a story, i wish they had more of the original characters in the film, though. I forget which user said stuff about president stone, but i agree that they should have had real villians in the story instead of him. also, have a little more similarity, in plot, to the manga and 60 series.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”