Subtitles for Astro boy 2003 plan

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
gamera
Kokoro Robot

Subtitles for Astro boy 2003 plan

Postby gamera » 11 years ago

I have completed subtitles for episode 25 of astroboy 2003.
I used the hongkong bootleg subtitles and the English dub version to make the adaptation and changed all the names to their true Japanese version.
Along with the Korean subtitles thats 24 completed also the true episode 20 was fansubbed by a fan so thats now 25 episodes subbed.

I know some of you are against fansubs and torrents im not at all, I dont see how anyhow can handle the poor North American release to me its a real insult that only North american fans got the cropped version, and the reason why was they know japanese fans buy the north american versions often becuase the prices are much lower for them to ship it in then to buy it in japan, thats the real reason we didnt get the japanese dub and the reason for the cropped version.

Regardless of this point of view, we all can agree we are huge Astro boy fans and want to see the widescreen uncut ( music, content) of astroboy 2003 right? So I need your help!

Is anyone willing to help me fix the rest of the hk subtitle files, I have them all timed out all we need to do is fix the spelling and replace the true names, like I said I have done episode 25 by myself but its a lot of work to do all 25 on my own..

Anyone willing to help I will provide the subtitle file and all the corrected names and correct episode title, you can use the hk translation and if you own the english dub use this also for the adaption, hell if you speak Japanese all the better. Is anyone willing to help me?

Like I said, im just talking subtitle files, if you dont want to download the uncut widescreen Japanese version thats fine, you can buy the legit Kor or japanese version and still use these subs so no problems there right?

If a bunch of us take an episode each we could have subtitles for the pure astro boy in no time, the hk subs are not that bad really to work with and along with the dub which is often very close I have found its not very hard.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

I tried this exact thing once. Fauna did episode 25 (I still have her file), and I did 80% of episode 50, then we both sort of lost interest. I might try to do some more.
Last edited by F-Man on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Twitter.

gamera
Kokoro Robot

Postby gamera » 11 years ago

I have episode 25 completed and im 50% done episode 26, come one guys with a little help we could get this done. If your a fan of astro boy 2003 please step up and agree to help with the subtitles on one episode at least, if ten people are willing to help we could get this done in no time, regardless if anyone helps me I will continue on...

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

Wish I could do anything to help, else I'd be on board instantly.

It'd be great if we could ever have the uncut Astro Boy 2003 series legally.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

I know, right? That was my first real exposure to a character that I only knew existed (though the movie is what piqued a renewed interest and prompted research back in late 2009 to early 2010).
lolwut

SuwaHana
Metro City Citizen

Postby SuwaHana » 10 years ago

I agree with you on the issue of downloads, gamera. I've avoided bringing it up here since people seem to be so quick to anger. I really wish I could help, but I've got no video editing experience. I'd suggest trying other websites if you have no luck here. And don't limit yourself to specific Tezuka fan communities. If you see a place where retro anime lovers congregate, ask them!

Sorry to not be of any help, but I wish you luck.

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 10 years ago

"gamera" wrote:I have completed subtitles for episode 25 of astroboy 2003.
I used the hongkong bootleg subtitles and the English dub version to make the adaptation and changed all the names to their true Japanese version.
Along with the Korean subtitles thats 24 completed also the true episode 20 was fansubbed by a fan so thats now 25 episodes subbed.

I know some of you are against fansubs and torrents im not at all, I dont see how anyhow can handle the poor North American release to me its a real insult that only North american fans got the cropped version, and the reason why was they know japanese fans buy the north american versions often becuase the prices are much lower for them to ship it in then to buy it in japan, thats the real reason we didnt get the japanese dub and the reason for the cropped version.

Regardless of this point of view, we all can agree we are huge Astro boy fans and want to see the widescreen uncut ( music, content) of astroboy 2003 right? So I need your help!

Is anyone willing to help me fix the rest of the hk subtitle files, I have them all timed out all we need to do is fix the spelling and replace the true names, like I said I have done episode 25 by myself but its a lot of work to do all 25 on my own..

Anyone willing to help I will provide the subtitle file and all the corrected names and correct episode title, you can use the hk translation and if you own the english dub use this also for the adaption, hell if you speak Japanese all the better. Is anyone willing to help me?

Like I said, im just talking subtitle files, if you dont want to download the uncut widescreen Japanese version thats fine, you can buy the legit Kor or japanese version and still use these subs so no problems there right?

If a bunch of us take an episode each we could have subtitles for the pure astro boy in no time, the hk subs are not that bad really to work with and along with the dub which is often very close I have found its not very hard.

Chapter 1 to 6
Astro boy movie Novel:Rainbow Daycare Adventure

http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8000

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”