Little Astro Boy (2014 Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 10 years ago

The show airs at midnight out here for me. It's usually not too bad to stay up for.
Last edited by Astro Forever on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: copyrights issue

jennytablina
Metro City Citizen

Postby jennytablina » 10 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:I think 'Little Astro Boy' was produced digitally, and Channels TV is having computer problems with it as the studdering audio and lost 'footage' last night seems to show. I also wonder if anyone was even in the control room at at the studio, there was NO mention of 'difficulties'.

With some awareness of how these channels work, pretty sure how the show was made has nowt to do with it, regardless how the show is made, it's still turned into video file that's queued up on their timetable regardless if it's digital or traditional.

I'm guessing what happened is what you see happen sometimes on TV stations, Little Astro Boy was likely late on cue to start (note the opening was incredibly short, none of Astro breakdancing ect.) and because now the video file was out of it's expected run-time, the cue program went a bit funny, tried to fix it, failed and gave up. Just ending the show at the expected time like it's supposed to do regardless if there was time left on the video or not.

even if it's by a few seconds, that can sometimes cause the software being used to keep the timetable to mess up. It does usually result in audio errors too. What happens after that (if the feed totally goes or freezes) - they reset the system, give you a freeze screen and apologize for the technical issues while they get things back on track....assuming they even have staff in at that time. Otherwise, it's up to the digital system. I imagine nobody was home, and Channels' automatic cue system just cut back to news as originally timetabled.

The system ran on as normal, cut into episode 2 slightly awkwardly, and the timing got so out of wack that we lost half the episode. Channels hardly seems on the level of BBC/NBC/CNN ect. it's more like a public access channel, they likely run well by Nigeria standards, but their broadcasting tech is likely way behind ours. So not surprised to see a few errors, it's not like they seem really keen on this show, it's just....there, awkwardly slapped between their 24/7 news coverage.
Last edited by jennytablina on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 10 years ago

I just remembered... you can actually pause the stream. I didn't want to use the superior Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 that some people like Fauna use because of its 10 minute limit for files, but if you can simply pause when the 10 minutes are over, and resume when you're ready to record again, then there's no problem!

And maybe this program will allow me to record the direct sound too.
I'm on Twitter.

AstroBlaster1998
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroBlaster1998 » 10 years ago

Believe it or not that the channel I found the episode on. I wish I could watch them all. Sleeping space ship, who ever heard of that.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

YAAAAY FAUNA!! I can actually "get" what the program is like now. I'm definitely not crazy about the hyper-ness, but at least there is SOME kind of "structure."

It's got to be very difficult to write a whole plot to fit a 15 minute show!

And thank you, F-Man and Tuegene for your clips and images. This is the first time since the 1960's that I've seen an Astro anime series when it was introduced!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Did we stop having rules on copyrights for this show? I think now would be the best time to enforce them, if we want to be sure that they don't cut the stream during the next weeks.

I really appreciate everyone who records the show, but we should be sharing files secretly outside of the web.
I'm on Twitter.

AstroBlaster1998
Rocket Ball Champion

:hyo: :hyo: :hyo: :hyo: Set up a email list and email the file to the email list people? :hyo: :hyo: :hyo: :astro: :astro: :o cha:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"AstroBlaster1998" wrote: :hyo: :hyo: :hyo: :hyo:Set up a email list and email the file to the email list people? :hyo: :hyo: :hyo: :astro: :astro: :o cha:

Turning ABO into a piracy ring doesn't sound much better.

How about watching the show when it airs?
I'm on Twitter.

AstroBlaster1998
Rocket Ball Champion

Yea that is true. I didn't realize that what I was suggesting. At most I hope Tezuka Productions brings it to the us.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

This show is not available for sale - and is broadcast in the middle of the night. Only a handful of episodes are being made . . . and we don't actually have a "complete" episode to look at.

I would suggest that it is highly unlikely anyone here has any intention of "selling" these {flawed} recordings. AND Channels is offering the live stream on YouTube . . . this seems to be a quite different situation from people posting episodes right off of a box set for anyone to view.

I also believe the extremely childish format is not going to draw a huge audience - it's more of a curiosity for us to be able to see how they are going to adapt the characters and pre-existing storylines. (That is my interest, at least)

BUT OTHER COMMENTS:

Do you see that Dr. O'Shay/Ochanomizu lives in a TEA POT (and his Japanese name means "tea water?") That is pretty darn funny.

Also Astro crashing through doors and walls is TOTALLY out of character for him -- it's like they mixed in part of Jetter Mars to make him more "imperfect" and "goofy" - I don't like it. But he is drawn cute. They all are

And doesn't Reggie look like North No.2 from the Pluto manga?

I guess they turned Shibugaki into that car with a food-fixation (I am very tired of plus-size characters are okay to make fun of and are usually stupid - except :o cha :) .
Last edited by AprilSeven on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”