Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Ms freeman
Kokoro Robot

Postby Ms freeman » 7 years ago

*u*

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 7 years ago

i am not too sure about this...pikaboo i am back :P

ITS A BLAST FROM THE PAST OOOOOOH

sorry been gone for so long life got in the way
And the nursery and Paradise Estate didn't really collapse. The moon's made of green cheese, and I'm the queen of England!"
-MLP lickety split

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 7 years ago

"AstroBoyGF" wrote:ITS A BLAST FROM THE PAST OOOOOOH

Hey that's awesome! I guess it's the time to come back, I've been seeing several people who hadn't posted since before I joined the forum returning lately. Welcome back. :)

jayrockin
Kokoro Robot

Postby jayrockin » 7 years ago

Honestly I really hope the human boy isn't Tobio... I have nothing against him, but his death is such an integral part of Astro's backstory. A big "whoops no Tobio's still alive!" cheapens the emotional punch at the beginning of the story and changes too much about Tenma's character arc. It's great as fanfic material but doesn't work well for a big-budget retelling, I think. I do have some issues with the character designs here, and Astro does look pretty odd that green shirt (that's part of his skin I guess??), but honestly it's not enough to keep me from being excited about new content. Even if it's mediocre, it'll be something to talk about and result in more people watching the old series.

Also yall were talking about the polygonal shapes in the sky from this poster and hypothesizing the world they live in is a simulation. My first thought was that it's a protective dome! It would be fun if the city was actually part of a massive space station, or maybe located on the moon or an exoplanet. It would certainly fit the tone better than a matrix scenario. ...It could also be like the situation from the Lorax movie, where the earth is ruined and they live in a bubble of good air quality, but i hope not.....

One last, small gripe: man, do I wish they had given Astro brown eyes. If they're gonna be so hamfisted as to call the town Divercity they could have at least kept that, it's a visual signifier of his Japanese heritage.
tumblr@jayrockin·····twitter@jayrock5858

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

"jayrockin" wrote:Honestly I really hope the human boy isn't Tobio... I have nothing against him, but his death is such an integral part of Astro's backstory. A big "whoops no Tobio's still alive!" cheapens the emotional punch at the beginning of the story and changes too much about Tenma's character arc. It's great as fanfic material but doesn't work well for a big-budget retelling, I think.

I was actually discussing this with someone not too long ago and I had forgotten something: Shibuya Productions said that Astro has two human best friends named Fubuki and Akino in ABR. I'm almost certain that the boy and girl seen in the newest two images are Fubuki and Akino.

So yeah, he's probably not Tobio. I think I initially came up with that idea because of the two-spiked hair similar to Astro's.

artsy brebre
Kokoro Robot

Postby artsy brebre » 7 years ago

OMG!!!!!!! ITS COMING OUT IN 2018!?

Tnarrud
Kokoro Robot

Postby Tnarrud » 7 years ago

He fascinates me as well - as does the concept of a robot having a soul, which was first introduced in the 2003 anime. I'm trying to remember the word used to describe this type of programming, but I believe it is the Japanese word for "soul."

Tnarrud
Kokoro Robot

Postby Tnarrud » 7 years ago

Now I remember - the word is "kokoru."

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 7 years ago

"Tnarrud" wrote:Now I remember - the word is "kokoru."
Which is Japanese for " heart".
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 7 years ago

"Tnarrud" wrote:Now I remember - the word is "kokoru."

Actually "kokoro", but I can see you had the right word in mind. :)
Funny enough, the first time I heard them say "kokoro" in the '03 series I thought it sounded like "kokoru" as well. :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”