STAR WARS- CLONE WARS

Off topic discussion.
Beyond the Stars

STAR WARS- CLONE WARS

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

hAS ANYONE seen CLONE WARS on cartoon network. Hard to imagine the way ANAKIN SKYWALKER IS shown on that series that he could become DARTH VADER. hE cares about other people and wants to protect others. He is a jedi knight version of ASTRO BOY. WONDER IF Osamu Tezuka ever thought of ASTRO BOY battling a foe that wanted to convert ASTRO BOY into an evil robot. To me that is scary- sweet ASTRO BOY - NO LONGER a caring- loving robot.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

"avatargirl" wrote:Hard to imagine the way ANAKIN SKYWALKER IS shown on that series that he could become DARTH VADER. hE cares about other people and wants to protect others.

It is because Anakin cares for others that he fell: he couldn't handle the fact that helping others could be out of his reach, however powerfull he is. Master Yoda had told him to "rejoice for the ones who unify with the Force", but he couldn't accept it.

First he lost his mother to sandpeople. There was nothing he could do to avoid it, but resented not having the power to do something. Then he had a vision where he saw Padme dying, and was willing to do anything, whatever the price, to gain the power to save her. That's why he sided with Darth Sidious and wounded Master Windu, in the desperate hope that Darth Sidious had told him the truth (well, he hadn't, but that's beyond the point). Ironically, that's his desperate quest for power to save Padme that killed her at the end.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

"fafner" wrote:[QUOTE=avatargirl;103036]Hard to imagine the way ANAKIN SKYWALKER IS shown on that series that he could become DARTH VADER. hE cares about other people and wants to protect others.

It is because Anakin cares for others that he fell: he couldn't handle the fact that helping others could be out of his reach, however powerfull he is. Master Yoda had told him to "rejoice for the ones who unify with the Force", but he couldn't accept it.

First he lost his mother to sandpeople. There was nothing he could do to avoid it, but resented not having the power to do something. Then he had a vision where he saw Padme dying, and was willing to do anything, whatever the price, to gain the power to save her. That's why he sided with Darth Sidious and wounded Master Windu, in the desperate hope that Darth Sidious had told him the truth (well, he hadn't, but that's beyond the point). Ironically, that's his desperate quest for power to save Padme that killed her at the end.[/QUOTE]

Oh the irony!

"avatargirl" wrote:WONDER IF Osamu Tezuka ever thought of ASTRO BOY battling a foe that wanted to convert ASTRO BOY into an evil robot.

Also, Atlas wanted to change Astro into a different robot to help him take over the world in the 1980 anime. Tenma did the same in the 2003 anime.
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 14 years ago

I've gotten pretty obsessed with that show recently, particularly this guy:

Any other Cad Bane fans out there? ;)

Speaking of Anakin, I find him a lot easier to deal with in this show than the prequels and the 2d cartoon, but I still find him snarky beyond belief. :D To put it lightly, let's just say he's not one of my favorites.

What did you guys think of season 2, and what do you look forward to for season 3?
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 14 years ago

I could never really get into the CG series. I watched the original animated version that they would run between shows on Friday nights. Those were pretty good, even if they were short. This CG series, on the other hand...meh, I'm indifferent on it really. Watched the first five episodes (and the movie) and just couldn't really get into it.

Although, I really like the art style. Kinda has that modern pop-art feel to it. :heart:

:tenma: < ....Skywalker? An allusion to Astro Boy? Surely you can't be serious!

:hyo: < I am. And don't call me Shirley.
*dust*

Beyond the Stars

hi- why would you like Cad Bane-? is he not kinda mean? I LIKE Anakin being a hero- sad that he is suppose to become Darth Vader- so glad ASTRO BOY is always a sweet hero- or?

Beyond the Stars

hi samual- clone wars is about the adventures of Anakin Skywalker and some of the other jedis- this series takes place before Anakin becomes Darth Vader. This Anakin seems to nice to be ever able to become Darth Vader.

Return to “General Discussion”