New members, please introduce yourselves here

Off topic discussion.
Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

Thank you very much for your hospitality!

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 8 years ago

Welcome, Rejoyce and Mina! (It may be a little late for that one, but still)
:hyo: whoops

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

Welcome, Rejoyce; glad to have another one who prefers the 1963 series! You might be interested in this post of links to the 89 episodes excluded from the English dubbed version. Plenty of images & discussion of the episodes; your comments are wecome. :lol:

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

That's really cool, thanks! But why were 89 episodes excluded?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

From the start, Tezuka intended to make about 200 episodes; NBC & Fred Ladd, who imported the series, only expected 52 episodes. When Tezuka offered season 2, Ladd & NBC refused, but reconsidered after making a deal that no other company would be offered the last 2 seasons (3 & 4). Fred Schodt's book ASTRO BOY ESSAYS has the full explanation.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:From the start, Tezuka intended to make about 200 episodes; NBC & Fred Ladd, who imported the series, only expected 52 episodes. When Tezuka offered season 2, Ladd & NBC refused, but reconsidered after making a deal that no other company would be offered the last 2 seasons (3 & 4). Fred Schodt's book ASTRO BOY ESSAYS has the full explanation.

Also not all of the episodes of the first two seasons were selected by NBC for various reasons (they felt the content was not appropriate for their intended audience). Also with one exception they didn't want any stories that extended over two episodes. The only exception to that were the two Cleopatra episodes, each of which could stand alone well enough. (So they left out the robot bomb story, the greatest robot in the world arc, and the Blue Knight arc.)
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

jeffbert
Minister of Science

But the BK arc was not until well into the 4th season; it would have been omitted anyway. :d evil:

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

That's really interesting. Maybe I should try to get a copy of Astro Boy Essays.

Amiral Mos
Kokoro Robot

Postby Amiral Mos » 8 years ago

Hello there !

I'm Amiral Mos. I'm 17 and i live in a beautiful and probalby the best country in the world, called France.
I like drawing, reading manga and watch movies.

See ya !

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

Welcome, Amiral Mos!

We have quite a few French speakers on AstroBoy Online Forums, so if you wish to discuss something in French with them, you can use our Multilingual Forum. Otherwise, us English speakers wouldn't mind discussing topics with you as well. :)

Return to “General Discussion”