Christopher Reeves

Off topic discussion.
Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 19 years ago

<_< I will only say this....I was told to never speak ill of the dead....maybe there are others here who should also parctice this!! :angry: <_<

I watched the Village of the Damned and I thought that Reeve's charecter destroyed the barn with himself and the children in it because all but one of them were EVIL!!! He was sacrificing himself to save others!!! Besides, IT WAS ONLY A BLOODY MOVIE!!! Please, let his soul rest in peace because after all is said and done EVERYONE of us deserves that!!! To err is human, Forgive devine!! To hold onto bitterness will make you more bitter with each day you hold onto it. As others have said, this has gone WAY off topic. This thread was started for respect to be paid to someone who has inspired very many people. Please let those of us who wish to do so, do just that. Let us say goodbye OUR way!! If you do not wish to do this DO NOT POST!! <_<

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Loüßëãr@Oct 20 2004, 08:37 PM

I watched the Village of the Damned and I thought that Reeve's charecter destroyed the barn with himself and the children in it because all but one of them were EVIL!!! He was sacrificing himself to save others!!! Besides, IT WAS ONLY A BLOODY MOVIE!!! Please, let his soul rest in peace because after all is said and done EVERYONE of us deserves that!!! To err is human, Forgive devine!! To hold onto bitterness will make you more bitter with each day you hold onto it.  As others have said, this has gone WAY off topic. This thread was started for respect to be paid to someone who has inspired very many people. Please let those of us who wish to do so, do just that. Let us say goodbye OUR way!! If you do not wish to do this DO NOT POST!!  <_<

:p h34r:
Cyber Ninja Action
Photon weapon deployed.
Whatever.... I'm done posting here. Please if after you post, if anything...weird happens to you, please post details here and let us know.
. :)
and
Caltiki in cybervision part 1

a little cyber punk device I prepared for just this occasion.... And I'm allways sweet never bitter. :lol:
Mongol General: We have won again. That is good! But what is best in life?
Mongol Warrior: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcon on your wrist, wind in your hair!
Mongol General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good. :wahah:

Post your lamentations. Please feel free. :cry:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Big Astro Fan@Oct 13 2004, 10:09 AM
I was in shock when I heard that he died. :o He looked like he was doing so well. :( :cry:

Ditto. :cry:

tinlunlau
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby tinlunlau » 19 years ago

good riddance, cybotron....

super_kim
Kokoro Robot

Postby super_kim » 19 years ago

Originally posted by cybotron@Oct 20 2004, 04:41 AM
I am departed from this people "Reeve".... I shall never return to them. Depart from me all you that are with him, into the fate prepared for you, from the foundation of Hollywood. :wahah:

I don't understand, so your saying odd and horrible things will happen to people who respect Christopher Reeve's hard work and determination? Thats a bit harsh. Itd be like me wishing ill fortune upon all those people that don't agree that Anthony Callea will win Australian Idol. Maybe he didn't do all he did unselfishly and as fafner said, atleast he did it.

Maybe if u take a step back from all the details, you will be able to see he was just a man. He was a son, a brother, a father, a husband. He meant alot to those people. This is a public forum, what if one of his children liked astroboy and joined this forum, or just browsed through it and saw all this horrible stuff written about their dad. They would be devastated.

He was just a person who had a terrible accident and died on the verge of his being able to walk again. that part in itself, no matter who the person is is sad and the person does not need any negative comments made about them. The fact that he acheived so much just adds to it.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by super_kim+Oct 30 2004, 08:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (super_kim @ Oct 30 2004, 08:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--cybotron@Oct 20 2004, 04:41 AM
I am departed from this people "Reeve".... I shall never return to them. Depart from me all you that are with him, into the fate prepared for you, from the foundation of Hollywood. :wahah:

I don't understand, so your saying odd and horrible things will happen to people who respect Christopher Reeve's hard work and determination? Thats a bit harsh. Itd be like me wishing ill fortune upon all those people that don't agree that Anthony Callea will win Australian Idol. Maybe he didn't do all he did unselfishly and as fafner said, atleast he did it.

Maybe if u take a step back from all the details, you will be able to see he was just a man. He was a son, a brother, a father, a husband. He meant alot to those people. This is a public forum, what if one of his children liked astroboy and joined this forum, or just browsed through it and saw all this horrible stuff written about their dad. They would be devastated.

He was just a person who had a terrible accident and died on the verge of his being able to walk again. that part in itself, no matter who the person is is sad and the person does not need any negative comments made about them. The fact that he acheived so much just adds to it. [/b][/quote]
On the verge of being able to walk again? Do you really believe that, & if so, why?

super_kim
Kokoro Robot

Postby super_kim » 19 years ago

He had his spinal cord severed at a place which meant it should have been impossible to move from the neck down, and yet he regained control of his hands. If its so 'impossible' to accomplish, then why shouldn't he have been able to obtain more movement? And he was just breaking into stem cell research which could turn out to be a major breakthrough.

Maybe not on the verge as in right then and there, but as in the forseeable future, well not anymore.

Return to “General Discussion”