The Worst Cartoon You Ever Saw!

Off topic discussion.
Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 14 years ago

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:Oh my...

Total Drama series. xP I think they recycle jokes...

you had to kill total drama. XD i like the new total drama season (world tour) better than the others. (island/action.) if you like the auditions for American idol or other singing shows, hehehe you will love this season. XD :lol:
Now active on MyAnimeList

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 14 years ago

"sonicx137" wrote:[QUOTE=The Tawashi Bus Hat;102429]Oh my...

you had to kill total drama. XD i like the new total drama season (world tour) better than the others. (island/action.) if you like the auditions for American idol or other singing shows, hehehe you will love this season. XD :lol: [/QUOTE]

Watched two - count them, TWO - episodes of the new season...

...and I was right. They do recycle jokes. *gonk*
*dust*

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:[QUOTE=sonicx137;102431][QUOTE=The Tawashi Bus Hat;102429]Oh my...

you had to kill total drama. XD i like the new total drama season (world tour) better than the others. (island/action.) if you like the auditions for American idol or other singing shows, hehehe you will love this season. XD :lol: [/QUOTE]

Watched two - count them, TWO - episodes of the new season...

...and I was right. They do recycle jokes. *gonk*[/QUOTE]

which ones? it is supposed to have lame jokes. that's what makes it funny. not the humor. the lameness is what makes it funny. "Come fly with us. Come die with us." classic.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

hi- sounds kinda like they are scared of flying- i am too- oh girl! Everytime i have flown i have prayed as much as i could-

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

"sonicx137" wrote:which ones? it is supposed to have lame jokes. that's what makes it funny. not the humor. the lameness is what makes it funny. "Come fly with us. Come die with us." classic.

But you shouldn't watch a cartoon for being lame! TDI is the one show making the rest of my country's animation look bad. I'm afraid that when I try to pitch my own series to a studio, it'll wind up being animated as cheaply and as badly as TDI.

Does Gremlins count as a bad cartoon? It's playing on the TV in the other room right now, and I swear to God, the scene where all the mutated Gremlins are partying in that girl's house (after killing a lot of people) has been going on for like five minutes. It's just...gross and disturbing.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

"Fauna" wrote:[QUOTE=sonicx137;102458]which ones? it is supposed to have lame jokes. that's what makes it funny. not the humor. the lameness is what makes it funny. "Come fly with us. Come die with us." classic.

But you shouldn't watch a cartoon for being lame! TDI is the one show making the rest of my country's animation look bad. I'm afraid that when I try to pitch my own series to a studio, it'll wind up being animated as cheaply and as badly as TDI.

Does Gremlins count as a bad cartoon? It's playing on the TV in the other room right now, and I swear to God, the scene where all the mutated Gremlins are partying in that girl's house (after killing a lot of people) has been going on for like five minutes. It's just...gross and disturbing.[/QUOTE]

I don't blame Canada for the terribleness of TDI. I blame people wanting to cash in on popular culture. Besides, I could never hate Canada. They brought me the gems of Reboot and Dragon Booster...anyone remember those? OH AND STORM HAWKS. T_T I wonder if those are on DVD...

Oh my, I seem to have gone off topic.

....Heavy Metal was a horrible animated movie...don't watch it. It's rated R for bad things. Bad things that are horribly animated...KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!
*dust*

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

all i was saying is that i like it. if you did not understand my post let me put it this way. as my bro and i say: "its so stupid its funny!" i say that statement in a good way. but remember a bunch of shows today are not "awsome" or (i do agree with the fact that most cartoons these days are not this)-> "humorous". i will agree with you on that one guys. one of my most hated shows on cartoon network is chowder. it makes NO sense. like there is no plot at ALL they mention 1 thing at the beginning then thats it. also the animation and setting sucks. at least total drama has a plot and MAKES SENSE. but all of these cartoons today are just following todays humor. thats the point. todays humor.

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

"sonicx137" wrote:all i was saying is that i like it. if you did not understand my post let me put it this way. as my bro and i say: "its so stupid its funny!" i say that statement in a good way. but remember a bunch of shows today are not "awsome" or (i do agree with the fact that most cartoons these days are not this)-> "humorous". i will agree with you on that one guys. one of my most hated shows on cartoon network is chowder. it makes NO sense. like there is no plot at ALL they mention 1 thing at the beginning then thats it. also the animation and setting sucks. at least total drama has a plot and MAKES SENSE. but all of these cartoons today are just following todays humor. thats the point. todays humor.

See, that's the weird thing - I freakin' love Chowder. :/ And Flapjack.

I think Total Drama follows today's humor more than Chowder or Flapjack. Those two shows rely more on the comedy of errors or that kinda split-second slapstick comedy that was built up by Monty Python. TD seems more heavily reliant on bodily humor or pop culture (both, when used properly, can make a great show. Much like Freakazoid or Animaniacs).

BUT, where TD seems to drop the ball is that they really base most of their jokes on the fact that the people watching it also watch reality television. This is where it falters. A cartoon should be substantial by itself and not really rely on outside info, except maybe the occasional joke or two. (Steven Spielberg executed it well, which is why this will not apply to his works, lawls). Now, if someone - like myself - never watched reality television, then this show just becomes more rubbish. Also, after the 20th fat guy or fart joke, this show really becomes tedious. This is what I meant by recycling jokes. It was funny the first time, but after the third running of this series, I cannot really fathom why they refuse to change the formula.

Also, the animation is crap. Anyone can use Adobe Flash. Actually drawing each individual frame takes talent. Another reason why Chowder and Flapjack get my vote over TD. You watch Chowder and you can see the work that was put into it. I mean, one of the reasons why they are not making a third season is because the colors are too expensive to keep producing (almost all of the backgrounds are done in watercolors). Because people keep canceling shows of quality, they keep having to throw crap in our face to replace them.

I'm looking at you, Unnatural History. THE SHOW HAS ALREADY BEEN MADE! Ever seen The Librarian? Yeah, they are totally ripping off a series of made for TV movies. Cartoon Network is made of JERKS!

(Except the guys who make Adventure Time. That has become my new most favorite show of all time...next to Freakazoid.)

...oh, better get back on topic...uhhh...

...I really hated the animated Zelda cartoon that was shown with the Super Mario Brothers Super Show.

(THEN WHY DID I BUY IT?! I'M TORMENTED - RAWRG!!!!)
*dust*

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 14 years ago

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:And, while it would normally be unfair of me to put a young child's cartoon here, I must add Dinosaur Train. I really doubt any children would enjoy learning about Dinosaur scat. No, seriously - there was a whole episode about it. It's also really boring...

Yeah, totally. XD I once watched it with my little sister, and it seemed so lame.
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

AGREE it is boring and Dinosaur Train is pretty inaccurate too-

Return to “General Discussion”