WEEE'RE BACK BABY

Off topic discussion.
Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

WEEE'RE BACK BABY

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 6 months ago

HELLO ALL
I have fun and exciting news that me and a friend wanted to share with those of you who still remember us.
Me and Black Rabbit are still very much friends, 12 years going strong, and we are finally meeting each other in person this Sunday.

We're both still drawing and living our little peaceful lives. We talk on discord pretty regularly and she is one of my best friends.
We are thinking about getting matching Astro Boy tattoos to commemorate how we met while we are together.

Since we met here, it felt only right to come back with the update. We'll probably be posting another update here when we actually meet up! But we hope to hear from some of those we remember from our youth.

If you feel like checking out what I've been up to I have a tiktok that I post my art to.
Black Rabbit might share her socials later. :lol:

We have learned some life updates of other members through lurking the forum, but let us know how you all are doing!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Re: WEEE'RE BACK BABY

Postby Shiyonasan » 6 months ago

Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen you around! Takes me back to a decade ago when I was just a normal member on these forums.

It's good to see you and Black Rabbit again. I hope your irl meeting goes well. :)

I've been doing well! I'm still very active in the Astro Boy community, mainly on other sites now, but I still keep definitely an eye on Astro Boy Online Forums even if activity is no where near what it used to be. It's wild to think about these forums being around for 20 years now, and I've been on here 12 years myself!

By the way, a new Astro Boy anime is soon to release as you might've seen: the Pluto manga is receiving an anime that debuts on October 26th! Very exciting.

Well wishes to you and Black Rabbit.

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 6 months ago

It's still so wild to me that it has been 12 (almost 13) years since I joined this forum. I remember my time here being very formative in helping my 13 y/o self develop social skills ahaha. I see you're an administrator now that's awesome!

I hope so too!! Her plane gets here in 7 hours and im so excited. We have our tattoo appointment booked for Tuesday and we're both getting little Astro heads on our thighs.

Honestly, when I was scrolling, I was surprised to see so many familiar faces still active here as of the last few years. I'm hoping to hear from Novacaine and Astro Forever if they're still around.

I heard about the Pluto anime and I'm so excited! I remember loving the manga years back. Wish it was coming out while Black Rabbit was still out here ahaha.

Thank you and it's nice to hear from you!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 6 months ago

Hi! :D I am so happy that you two are still in touch, GLAB! :) Enjoy your get together! I have also had some and they went well. We had been in contact for years without expectations, simply exchanging about our favorite little robot, so no surprise when the time came. :w00t:

To say I have been inactive here would be an understatement. :unsure: I lost my mother last year and became pretty disorganised when it came to my online life, not only here but even in private exchanges, even in longtime relationships. :doh: It's not that anyone doesn't matter anymore, everyone is still very much close to my heart actually, I just seem to have lost my focus in real life and need to sort out my priorities. :confused: As well as lacking energy at times. I wish I could just switch my battery! ;)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 6 months ago

Good to see you again, Gotta Love ASTRO BOY. :lol: I too, have been rather infrequent here.

Return to “General Discussion”