TV shows

Off topic discussion.
Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 20 years ago

Hmmm seeing as there are a lot of older people here....does anyone remember Prince Planet? My Mum has often told me how she loved that show, but there is no release of it anywhere as far as I know :(

From what i remember her telling me, he was a boy from another planet that had a medallion thing around his neck and yelled Prince Planet and held the medallion thingy to er... transform into Prince Planet. And of course save the day or whatever ^^; i have a picture of him at home i downloaded from the net, i'll put it online when i get the chance.

(had to recorrect myself multiple times from writing plant ^^; Prince Plant :P :lol: :D )
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

benj20_ph
Kokoro Robot

Postby benj20_ph » 20 years ago

:wahah: i watched smurf, voltes five, voltron, shaider, daimos, bioman, sesame street, comic strips, thundercats, he-man, she-ra, denver the last dinosaur, the jetsons, the flintstones, the simpsons, mickey and friends, looney toons, lassie and benji zax and the alien prince!

g.i. joes, super mario bros., finders keepers, and transformers! :lol:

wildpegasus
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby wildpegasus » 20 years ago

He-Man, Transformers, Smurfs, Hockey Night in Canada, Astroboy, Thundercats, Seeing Things, Murder She Wrote, Bionic Six. We had no cable back than.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

I just remembered a few more shows. Ranger Hal, I remember it showed cartoons Mighty Mouse, Felix the Cat, and several others. Episodes of both the cartoons worked with my pre-existing fear of vacuum cleaners, having the villains suck the victims into them. I saw this huge gasoline-powered vacuum cleaner at a shopping center, and being 8-10, was sufficiently doubtful that it could suck me up, but nevertheless, decided not to take any chances, and stayed as far away as I could. :D :lol: :wahah:

Wonderama was a variety show for kids, that featured cartoons, games, and other diversions.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

By sheer accident, I just found a page that has a ton of cartoons from my childhood. These people are selling bootleg copies of shows that they assume are in the public domain, but I wonder why they made that assumption. Classic Cartoons for sale or trade!

I remember almost all of these. except Colonel Bleep, which was before my time, and He-Man She-Ra Secret of the Sword, which was after my childhood. :lol:

Of particular note,

Marine Boy comes to mind. I remember a character named Prof. Flutesnoot, but after searching websites, could not find any reference to him, except as relating to

Archie :cry: I must be succumbing to Alzheimer's. :cry:

was simply one of the best cereals I have ever tasted. I think it is still available via the web and in certain cities. The commercials DVD for these cereals is the only item offered here that I would believe to be in the public domain, though. There was an on-going war between Quisp and Quake, both from Quaker. Why there should be a war between a miner (Quake) and a martian (Quisp), I cannot begin to imagine.

Also of note, is the Live-action TV shows page. Only the pictured shows and #14- come to mind, though.

Diver Dan was featured in another show, I think it was Ranger Hal to which I have referred earlier.

ImageImage
Johnny Sokko was really a fun show, with bad guys badly in need of orthodontics.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 20 years ago

I didn't grow up with Astro since I grew up in the 80s in America, but I did watch alot of Ghostbusters, thundercats, and Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles. I also was stuck watching alot of the stuff my older sister would watch like Rainbow Brite. :unsure: So many colors.

AstroJames2004
Kokoro Robot

Postby AstroJames2004 » 20 years ago

Well, outside of Astro Boy, I had The Flintstones, the Smurfs, Scooby-Doo (the usual diet of Hanna-Barbera required by syndication law), Speed Racer, Looney Tunes, and Tom and Jerry just to name a few.

Also, our condolences to the family of the original "Captain Kangaroo," Bob Keeshan, on his untimely passing due to cancer this past week here in the states. :cry:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

At 45, I vaguely remember Captain Kangaroo. :cry: RIP captain. :cry: But I distinctly remember Captain Crunch, and I really dislike the current voice!

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 20 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Nov 7 2003, 02:37 AM
[b]Flash Gordon (both the cartoon and the old b&w series)

I just recently viewed all three serials on DVD. I really enjoy these and other lame serials, mainly because they are lame. How they expect us to believe anyone could be so dumb, as to let 1 unarmed guy to successfully tackle two armed bad guys? (refers to Cmr. Cody serial) Or that the car that just went over the cliff in the last episode, somehow the guy actually jumped out before it did, and we just failed to notice it until the next ep? :P I am now in the middle of viewing The Undersea Kingdom, which is no less dumb than any other serial. :D

I never even knew there was a Flash G cartoon, though. :o [/b]

Aw DUDE!!
SWEET!!

These things were the bestest. I loved L4M3 stuff. I didnt know they were on DVD, but I will have to take a look now.

I have a heap of L4M3 movies tho. L4M3 Roxorz.

The pride of my collection right now would have to be Plan 9 from Outer Space.
Honerable Mention goes to Voyage of the Rock Aliens.
I have yet to get Santa Clause Conquers the Martians, but Iam determined to own it asap :D

As for the Flash Cordon Cartoon, it was the same people that did the original He-Man I believe. Also the same people who did the Star Trek Cartoon too, and the Tarzan One that did the rounds at the time. (remember the one? Cheater was a spider monkey instead of a chimp, and wasnt called cheeter but 'orko' or osmething like that).

The reason I say they wre all the same is i am SURE these cartoons all shared generic background Cells, and a LOT of the 'direction shots' were identical among them.

There was one particulat shot among all of these. someone would jump down from somewhere and it would cut to a view of the groung just behind where the feet landed. The legs would hit the ground with the knees bentin out a little and then straightening out, and there would be something center frame.. usually the character or item being chased.

Also, all the characters 'ran' exactly the same way etc.. even in the same direction (from the back of the screen right to front of the screeen left) and in some of them the background was EXACTLY THE SAME!

It was amazing how many times Eternia, deepest Africa, planets in the alfta quadrant, and the current place Flash Gordon was stranded.. were all EXACTLY THE SAME!!

I loved these old shows haha...
three and a half years.. for what?

AstroJames2004
Kokoro Robot

Postby AstroJames2004 » 20 years ago

Would that be Filmation by any chance, because they did the same things with Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids and Archie as well.
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'><span style=\'color:blue\'>Go, Go, GO Astro Boy!!!</span></span>

Return to “General Discussion”