Video player help!!!

Off topic discussion.
LLJade
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLJade » 20 years ago

Hey, I downloaded an Astro Boy video and when I played it, these green blocks appeared on the screen. First, someoen told me to get vlc, which I did. The blocks are still there. Then someone told me to update DiVx, which I did. The blocks are still there. Then I was told to update codec, which I did. Again, the blocks are still there. How do I get rid of those stupid green blocks?!?!?! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Breakman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Breakman » 20 years ago

Use a different player. It might be the player's "mark". You know, when you play a file on Div Player, you would get a small, see-through DIV logo on the left hand side of the screen.

It also could be how someone recorded the video file. Then you won't be able to take off those boxes. ;^^

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

Which video speciffically?

LLJade
Rocket Ball Champion

The Atlas and the Atlas vs Astro episodes from the new series. I've talked to other people and it plays fine on theirs. For some reason though, when I play it, I get green blocks on the screen. I've played it on Divx, Real Player, and Windows media. I tried using quicktime, but quicktime is won't play it at all. Divx also plays it with just the music and the picture on the screen is this weird colored blur.

Lauren

Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 20 years ago

Make sure you have the latest versions of both DivX and Xvid. I gather you use a Windows operating system. If your Xvid is a little out of date it will probably allow you to still play the file but look weird (which has happened to me).

I dunno about Windows Quicktime (i use a Mac) but it probably isn't playing it cause it doesnt have access to the codecs. Besides Quicktime isn't the best player to use for avi's. It will play them fine but often doesnt do teh best job handling the sound in particular (little errors tho i have no complaints about my QT)

Hmmm other than that i have no idea why it won't play properly... unless the files or your codecs are corrupted or something ^^; better ask someone who knows all the Windows faults :lol:
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Those 2 files are both encoded with the xvid codec therefore a recent xvid decoder codec is necessary to play it and updating Divx or any other codec wouldn't help.

First try downloading and installing version 1.0 of xvid:
http://koepi.roeder.goe.net/xvid.shtml

If that doesn't work, try a recent (alpha) version of ffdshow:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ackage_id=59355

If that doesn't work (or works badly), a stable build of that is avalable:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...elease_id=95213

If those things didn't help, the problem lies somewhere else on your system. I may be able to suggest some other solution...

LLJade
Rocket Ball Champion

I didn't have xvid, that apprently was the whole problem because once I had it downloaded, the blocks were not there anymore. Thank you Anapan, Haruka-chan, and everyone else who helped me out. I really appricate it, thank you all very much. :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

You're welcome.
Glad I could help.

Return to “General Discussion”