Christopher Reeves

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Danny+Oct 17 2004, 04:50 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 17 2004, 04:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Loüßëãr@Oct 17 2004, 04:03 PM
OK....enough of the crap flinging here!!! :angry: If i remember rightly this thread was celebrating the life of a man, who after almost loosing his life, showed great courage in overcomming his physical disability and showing the world what determination is!!! Cybotron, if this sound cold, I'm sorry, but if you had determination like Christopher Reeve, you would get back on your horse and show the world what your made of instead of crying how the evil in the world has done you wrong. To me it sounds like sour grapes. Nothing is imposible. The impossible just takes a bit longer to achieve!!! Show a bit of courage and try. because trying is half the battle won!!! I apoligise if I have offended anyone with this post!

Have I mentioned I love you lately? ;)

in all honesty tho.. some things will just NEVER be possible. touching your own left elbow with the index finger on the same arm, for example. [/b][/quote]
I can touch the back of my left hand with my left pinky. Ok, so, I must use right hand to force it, but it does not hurt. Most people prefer not to see such a thing. :D

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

I was seven years old when I saw 'Superman 1' for the first time. I remember how excited I was about this red-caped hero, though I couldn't watch this movie till the end since mum forced me to go to bed earlier (9 o'clock was usual :angry: ).

Superman definately had a great impact on the 'film hero'- image, but on one thing he lacks: he never will look as cute as Astro, no matter how many curls he'll have on his forehead. :)
"Oh look... is it a stockbroker? Is it a quantity Surveyor? Is it a church warden?
NO! It's Bicycle Repair Man!"

There was a time when I used to confuse Christopher Reeve with Marlon Brando quite often (before CR's accident). Maybe because of the similarity of their physical statures :unsure: .

xcuse me, I must leave now, I have to confuse a cat.
:D
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Originally posted by Louis'74@Oct 17 2004, 02:36 PM
I was seven years old when I saw 'Superman 1' for the first time. I remember how excited I was about this red-caped hero, though I couldn't watch this movie till the end since mum forced me to go to bed earlier (9 o'clock was usual :angry: ).

Superman definately had a great impact on the 'film hero'- image, but on one thing he lacks: he never will look as cute as Astro, no matter how many curls he'll have on his forehead. :)
[b]"Oh look... is it a stockbroker? Is it a quantity Surveyor? Is it a church warden?
NO! It's Bicycle Repair Man!"

There was a time when I used to confuse Christopher Reeve with Marlon Brando quite often (before CR's accident). Maybe because of the similarity of their physical statures :unsure: .

xcuse me, I must leave now, I have to confuse a cat.
:D [/b]

9 pm?! you were lucky! When I was a kid, I remember using some convoluted logic in attempting to delay my bed time. Since I was 9 years old, I argued that I should be allowed to stay up until 9pm. I can still recall the shame of going to bed while it was still daylight outside! :cry: I also remember trying again, when I was 11, no luck, then either. Good thing MPFC was on friday nights! No such restrictions on Friday nights. But at all other times, except Saturday nights--

Aye, you were lucky. Not only that, but "We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!" :D

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 19 years ago

Try and tell the kids these days tho and they just dont believe you!

Gotta love that sketch. One of my favorites.

but enough of that.. ITS SILLY! ;)

Hey JeffBert, I can dislocate my thumbs at will. Well, THe right one.. the left one takes a little more concentration. I do not have to "Force it" like your finger tho.. I can just like.. move my thumb and POP, out it comes. I have never known anyone else who can do that, one person could pop his shoulders out tho and I am thinking its the same sort of thing.

Its fantastic "party trick" to creep people out.. Someone bumps into you.. dislocate the thumb and go "Ow! you clumsy oaf! You broke my thumb!" and hold up a hand with a thumb sticking out at TOTALLY the wrong way.. a few seconds later if it gets enough of a reaction, dislocate the other one.. "AARRGGHH!!! Not the OTHER one as well!! What is Wrong with you people!!??" .. holding up two terribly mis-shapen hands..

priceless.. :D
three and a half years.. for what?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

In my case, I lack control of my left arm. As a result, the arm was never (since 1962) used for anything, & the joints seem to be rather ill-formed in the fingers. But, & I just remembered this, I can bend just the farthest joints on my finger of the right hand, sort of like a claw, with the other joints straight. But, if I do, every time I close my hand after that, the joints pop. :lol:

Its a wonder that there are 80 million websites that have transcripts of MPFC's copyrighted material. I am so old, that I remember Eric I hosting SNL and doing a few drag sketches with John B, who concluded, that drag just isn't funny in America. Since then, however, drag has been a regular tool used by nearly every male SNL cast member. :lol:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 19 years ago

:lol: HOWARD:
I don't see it that way, Geoff. [sniff] Let me tell you what I think we're dealing with here: a potentially positive learning experience to get an--

GRIM REAPER:
Shut up! Shut up, you American. You always talk, you Americans. You talk and you talk and say 'let me tell you something' and 'I just wanna say this'. Well, you're dead now, so shut up!
HOWARD:
Dead?
GRIM REAPER:
Dead.
ANGELA:
All of us?
GRIM REAPER:
All of you.
GEOFFREY:
Now, look here. You barge in here, quite uninvited, break glasses, and then announce, quite casually, that we're all dead. Well, I would remind you that you are a guest in this house, and--
[whock]
Ah! Oh.
GRIM REAPER:
Be quiet! Englishmen, you're all so ****ing pompous, and none of you have got any balls.

DEBBIE:
Can I ask you a question?
GRIM REAPER:
What?
DEBBIE:
How can we all have died at the same time?

[silence]
GRIM REAPER:
The salmon mousse. :wahah:

Monty Python and the meaning of life. :lol:
:wahah:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

From what film comes this excerpt? ;)

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Originally posted by jeffbert@Oct 18 2004, 01:07 PM
From what film comes this excerpt? ;)

:D I'm sorry Jeffbert. I left it out.
Monty Python and the meaning of life. :lol:
:wahah:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Danny@Oct 17 2004, 06:50 PM
Have I mentioned I love you lately? ;)

in all honesty tho.. some things will just NEVER be possible. touching your own left elbow with the index finger on the same arm, for example.

Awww shucks.....On the finger/elbow subject, Harry
Potter would have been able to do that in Chamber of secrets ;) :wahah: Ohh.....wait, you mean in reality... :P

Where ya been, Loüßëãr? It has been a while since you last posted.

I've been busy as my dad was in hospital afer finding a tumor on his intestine, and was quite ill after the operation. That and trying to make a few$$$ has kept me away from my mates here!!!! I missed YA!!!
:wub: :wub: :wub:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Well this stuff was the most evil I had seen. But if the paranormal and prophetic stream is real and the portents and,(forgive me) omens are correct. This is only the beginning of the doom of Ronnies son's Abiram and Segub, inheritors of the cursed thing.
So without further ado, here is a nice halloween movie treat! Apropiate.
THE BRAIN THAT WOULD'NT DIE...... ohhhhh that's scary. :unsure: :P :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”