Princess Knight on tezuka translated

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Princess Knight on tezuka translated

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

Volume 1 now available: http://tezuka-translated.com/images/princess/manga_princess-v01.php :D

I have just begun to read this, & it is great! Beware that the chapters must be accessed via the menu. Thus pressing next page will not go from pg 20 to pg 21. :D

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

I love the opening. Makes me want to read it to children who have ambivalent sexual DNA/brain stuff (whatever it's called - I don't know much about those things).

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Page 17 has a frame with a guy calling for the minting of commemorative gold coins to celebrate the birth of the new prince.

In The Time Machine episode of the Astroboy 1980s series, Black Jack's payment is a gold coin he found in the coridoor that was issued in commemoration of Princess Saphire's birth. :cool: :hyo: :cool:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

:astro: I vaguely remember tha payment, which, BTW was not mentioned on the TOW page regarding BJ's fees. :D However, until you just now mentioned it, I had not thought of the connection. :hyo:

BJ's fees (thread)
Last edited by jeffbert on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

O2Destroyer
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby O2Destroyer » 18 years ago

Strobe_Z at it again!
Bombs vs. bombs, missiles vs. missiles and now a new super weapon to throw upon us all!

strobe_z
Kokoro Robot

Postby strobe_z » 18 years ago

I'm glad to see you guys are enjoying the series. I'm almost done vol.2 so it should be up relatively soon. I'm also working on "The Rainbow Parakeet" at the same time, so the first volume of that may see the light of day before Vol. 3 of Princess Knight.

I just got back from a week in Korea on Friday - where I picked up a nearly complete set (1-22) of Black Jack (missing only vol 18/19). I also picked up on a whim a Japanese language volume of "Tezuka Short Stories of Terror" - now all I need is to make a Japanese friend who'd like to translate it.

I also picked up a book written by Tezuka (Korean title: The path/road of the manga author... which I THINK is "Bokuwa Mangaka" in Japanese). Made me wonder... if you had a choice, would you rather see more translated Manga, or a translated book authored by Tezuka? Obviously I only have so much time to devote to this hobby, so translating the book would necessitate a longer interlude between manga volumes. The upside is that there's next to no photoshop work that'd have to be done. :)

Anyone care to offer any opinions?

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 18 years ago

Last edited by Danny on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
three and a half years.. for what?

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 18 years ago

Danny wrote:Simple photoshopping is something I and several other people on this board could do. I am quite capable of exchanging kanji (or whatever the original test is) or english. If you ever need help then just ask and I am sure there are quite a few people here that could assist you.

Personally, I would be glad to do some photoshoping (although in my case it would rather be "gimping"). If the translations are provided in an English text file, it would be easy to share the pages among volunteers (for example pages 1-10 for volunteer1, pages 11-20 for volunteer2, etc).
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

jeffbert
Minister of Science

strobe_z wrote:I'm glad to see you guys are enjoying the series. I'm almost done vol.2 so it should be up relatively soon. I'm also working on "The Rainbow Parakeet" at the same time, so the first volume of that may see the light of day before Vol. 3 of Princess Knight.

I just got back from a week in Korea on Friday - where I picked up a nearly complete set (1-22) of Black Jack (missing only vol 18/19). I also picked up on a whim a Japanese language volume of "Tezuka Short Stories of Terror" - now all I need is to make a Japanese friend who'd like to translate it.

I also picked up a book written by Tezuka (Korean title: The path/road of the manga author... which I THINK is "Bokuwa Mangaka" in Japanese). Made me wonder... if you had a choice, would you rather see more translated Manga, or a translated book authored by Tezuka? Obviously I only have so much time to devote to this hobby, so translating the book would necessitate a longer interlude between manga volumes. The upside is that there's next to no photoshop work that'd have to be done. :)

Anyone care to offer any opinions?
As much as I would like to see the book, I still want the manga even more. :D

BTW, thank you very much for your work!

strobe_z
Kokoro Robot

Postby strobe_z » 18 years ago

Just wanted to let you all know I have a little Easter present for you - Volume 2 of Princess Knight is now up at http://tezuka-translated.com

I also got the first question in my guestbook asking if I have "permission" to do these translations. I thought it was very clear on my website that this project is totally a "for the fans by the fans = $0", but I guess not. That's the whole reason I'm not just slapping out High-Res torrents of these files and letting the wind of the internet just take them. It's also why I haven't really advertised them much outside of "Tezuka" circles and just started spamming "Otaku" websites either.

Of course the comment is from a Japanese person, so perhaps it's unclear to a non-native English speaker. Hopefully this is not just the warm-up for a call from some lawyer.

The second I even hear of any of these series being released in English they'll got straight into the "manga you should BUY" section.

Oh well... it took a little wind outta my sails just as I released a new PK volume, but I hope you guys enjoy.
Last edited by strobe_z on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”