Ever have one of those.....

Off topic discussion.
1magus
Robot President

Ever have one of those.....

Postby 1magus » 17 years ago

Days that you want to just end?
I'm having one tommorow is my first day of my Senior year at Highschool I have no idea if it is going to be easy and lazy or hard and challenging and it's driving me CRAZY!
Anyway anyone else would like to share?
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 17 years ago

I'm gonna be a senior soon, but I don't need to go back till the 6th of September. :whistling: Anyway, I had one of those days a while back. They're not fun. You have my sympathy. :(
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

I hated high school! :cry: :d oh: :sick: It was worse than college and university (college here is not the same as in the US, here it's a level between high school and university). It wasn't really the work that made me nervous though, because I was willing to do whatever was required. It was the whole atmosphere. Everyday, many times during the day, I'd count the number of hours left before I'd get home. And there's nothing that makes a day longer than doing that, of course, but I couldn't help it. :cry:

I also hated doing homeworks because I felt like I was at school again. I'd still do everything, but because of that I tended to procrastinate at everything. Not so badly that I wouldn't complete things on time, but just enough so I'd go to bed late and feel constantly tired, which didn't help.

When I arrived at college, it was a little bit different because in many classes, we'd get all these weird homeworks that I wasn't comfortable with, from interviewing somebody in a high position in a big company :blush: to shooting a little movie :unsure: , from visiting a garden :confused: to an oral presentation on baboon organs transplant in an English class :eek: (it was definitely not my choice, and that was before the Internet: believe me, it was a lot of fun to find information! :d oh: Anyway, I was a disaster in front of a computer back then! :p ). I never knew which silly things like this I'd have to do from one semester to the next, so it was nerve-racking.

However, while I found college very stressful and tiring (lots of class hours and LOTS of homeworks as well, plus it was far from my home), I have a lot of good memories from it. It was hard, but boy did I laugh with my friends while doing all those crazy things, even though I wished I hadn't to do them! :lol:

University was better. I didn't like the first week because I was always wondering if I should switch class to get another teacher, or so I would have somebody to do teamwork with when it was required and things like that. But other then that, even though it was often academically challenging, I always knew from the start what was going to happen from one week to the other, and I like when I can plan things ahead so it was good for me. :)

The funny thing is that I still had good grades in high school, but always a few percents below what I knew I was capable of. Finally, when I started my last university degree, I decided that I'd finally put in everything I had to find out what I was really capable of. It wasn't necessary to put in that much after all, but I was finally happy with myself and now I can look back and tell myself that this reflects what I could do, after all! :D

Good luck to all of you, nervous students. :)
Last edited by Astro Forever on Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen sobora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Eileen sobora » 17 years ago

I'm be coming a freshmen in High School next week on tuesday. I am hoping I do well there and all. But also since there has been a problem that the teachers my brother and aunt knew weren't there anymore. I do keep out of trouble and all but now I have to me more aware about it, that's why I'm praying. I just hope they treat me nice and don't pretend cause that is just plain wrong, this happen to me a my old middle school and I don't want it to happen again. That's why I was trasfer to another middle school with the raciest students there. But since i had someone to talk to and defend me from trouble, I didn't have to worry. The good part was that they didn't get near me. :)

But things are changing and I have to work hard. I now may start packing lunch since I've been push out of the lines and they get crowded. I don't know if I will get the classes I choosed, I just hope I do. :unsure: I want everyone to wish me luck there. it will make me feel better. :)
My Artpage http://daydream16.deviantart.com/
A perfect artist always needs to have one. ;)

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 17 years ago

GOOD LUCK EILEEN!!! Oh... I'm kind of worried about a few things in high school... FIRST OFF the school I'm going to is known to have pretty bad fights. SECOND I'm (not really worried, but kind of) that I'm going to have a rough time with these people. (sees oranges being thrown in my future AHH!!!) It's really quite common for me to be mistreated because of who I am and the things I like and enjoy. Sadly, this even has happened between my friends and I T_T. I'm going to a different school than I'm supposed to because of my acceptance into the preforming arts program.. PLEASE... Um. Never mind that. I think I'll make it. (walks into the school and is thrown into a garbage can.) OUCH... (looks at my lunchbag) D***!!! My Sally lunchbag is ruined!!! (If this needs explaining, I will post a link to a pic, okay? XD)

Eileen sobora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Eileen sobora » 17 years ago

astro_mcfly wrote:GOOD LUCK EILEEN!!! Oh... I'm kind of worried about a few things in high school... FIRST OFF the school I'm going to is known to have pretty bad fights. SECOND I'm (not really worried, but kind of) that I'm going to have a rough time with these people. (sees oranges being thrown in my future AHH!!!) It's really quite common for me to be mistreated because of who I am and the things I like and enjoy. Sadly, this even has happened between my friends and I T_T. I'm going to a different school than I'm supposed to because of my acceptance into the performing arts program.. PLEASE... Um. Never mind that. I think I'll make it. (walks into the school and is thrown into a garbage can.) OUCH... (looks at my lunch-bag) D***!!! My Sally lunch-bag is ruined!!! (If this needs explaining, I will post a link to a pic, okay? XD)

But to me if may not be being push and throwed into the trash cans and all of those fights in you, I think more worse will happen, just hope you'll be fine. One thing I don't tell about is my likes and dislikes so that's how I move on, I don't Like it when people call me negative things like "your ugly" even though I'm not. I'm just like any other girl in school. I know the ones who say that are people who don't have a life or think I'm too pretty and there just too jealous or insecure of the way they look.
Last edited by Eileen sobora on Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Artpage http://daydream16.deviantart.com/

A perfect artist always needs to have one. ;)

Latu
On a Flight into Space

Postby Latu » 17 years ago

I am also going to go to a different school than I am supposed to since I want to take Japenese as a foreign language class. I would have already had 2 years of Japenese but I didn't end taking it. Good luck to you all and I hope astro_mcfly doesn't get hurt! :eek:
Oh yea, I forgot to say that if I go to the highschool with Japenese there is no school on Fridays! :w00t: :w00t:
Last edited by Latu on Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Astro, you must exceed the limitations that humans cannot!
You must be go beyond nationality, ethnicity,
pilosophy, and religion,
starvation and poverty,
and war!
Exceed these limitations created by man!
You must fly high! Higher than any human has ever flown before!
To reach for the future that no human has been able to so far!"
:tenma: :astro:

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 17 years ago

:unsure:
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 17 years ago

??? Really? No school an fridays? Well, that's interesting. Thank you, Latu... I hope I don't get hurt either XP!!! And to Eileen... Thanks for the advice -_^... Except I am a very open person (and I couldn't keep my likes hush if I wanted to XD XD XD) I'm glad the little keychain I made is hardly able to be read at first glance... (orange hits me) "YOU'RE A FREAKING CREEPY DORK!!!" ahh... my life XD

Latu
On a Flight into Space

Postby Latu » 17 years ago

1magus wrote: :unsure:

What's wrong? Was it something I said? :confused:
"Astro, you must exceed the limitations that humans cannot!
You must be go beyond nationality, ethnicity,
pilosophy, and religion,
starvation and poverty,
and war!
Exceed these limitations created by man!
You must fly high! Higher than any human has ever flown before!
To reach for the future that no human has been able to so far!"
:tenma: :astro:

Return to “General Discussion”