What s the reason you choose your Avatar?

Off topic discussion.
AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

"Big Astro Fan" wrote:I got mine from the patch I wore when I was stationed in Plattsburgh, NY. It was the maintainence unit I worked in.

Thank you so much for your service, BigAstroFan. Isn't that aircraft (the photo near your messages) called a "Warthog?" I went to a great air show back in 1988 at what used to be Stewart Field (Newburgh, NY) and I remember that distinctive engine mounted near the tail (there were two, if I recall correctly). They also had a Hawker Harrier demonstrate a completely vertical takeoff (talk about LOUD!), and I did a walk-through a C5A Galaxy. I grew up near there, and we always had wild looking military aircraft zooming overhead (and sonic booms in the middle of the night!). I'm also near the infamous Pine Bush - home of UFO's (but I think they're military experimental things!). Love flying things . .. birds, rockets, jets, Astro Boy! :lol:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

I chose my avatar because I've had a printout of it hanging in my office at work for about six months, and there's not a day goes by that I don't look at it and smile.

Astro Boy is all about the best in us and looking at him zooming through the clouds with that confident, contented face just makes me feel darn good, so I wanted to share that every time I post!

:astro: = :heart:

TasZero
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TasZero » 14 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I chose my avatar because I've had a printout of it hanging in my office at work for about six months, and there's not a day goes by that I don't look at it and smile.

Astro Boy is all about the best in us and looking at him zooming through the clouds with that confident, contented face just makes me feel darn good, so I wanted to share that every time I post!

:astro: = :heart:

Now thats a good reason :) Very true.

Mine? Well, its a cute picture of the boy, I do always love when he shows curiosity. The 03 series did it great when he wasn't quite sure what was going on or looked out of the loop.
Lets back it up nice and slow now...

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

hi thanks love what you April and Tas said- thanks

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 14 years ago

Yes it is. People call it ugly. But I think it looks cool. i worked on the KC-135 as well as the FB-111. I'm sorry I didn't continue with working on aircraft after I separated from the Air Force. I have some pictures of some of the planes I worked on. Maybe I'll post them some place soon .

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 14 years ago

Because Astro as a Baby is the cutest thing in the world :wub:
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 14 years ago

Because it's the first one I made that was Astro related. xD

O'Shay can has Shoop Whoop? :lol:
*dust*

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

hi- hugs ASTRO as a baby would be cute even if program to be a girl baby- especially as a girl baby- thanks

Miaow
Kokoro Robot

Postby Miaow » 14 years ago

Because It's Rena Chasing Keiichi with her machette ^^ (From Higurashi No naku Koro Ni) well for the moment it is..
Ao No Exorcist Lover ;)

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 14 years ago

I chose my Avatar because my User name is Uran&Astro1980, Very simple right?
And I also chose my Avatar as Astro and Uran because i like the 1980's series. :)
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Return to “General Discussion”