The Worst Cartoon You Ever Saw!

Off topic discussion.
racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

what I love spongebob and robot boy how could you say such a thing and I love fairly odd parents too.
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

Sorry, but it's necessary to accept others opinions in a thread like that.

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 11 years ago

"Toshio" wrote:Also, Sponge Bob was horrible.
He must die and burn in the hellfire for eternity!!

:eek:

I accept your opinion, but would you mind explaining why you feel such strong dislike?

"Toshio" wrote:South Park was junk and both family guy and american dad are pieces of trash.

What's the difference between 'junk' and 'trash'? :confused: :p

I personally like South Park, but I agree that Family Guy isn't the greatest show. As strange as my sense of humour is, I never quite understood Peter's hate-on for Meg, or Stewie's hate-on for Lois. They almost go too far with it...

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

"Novacain" wrote:[QUOTE=Toshio;205397]
Also, Sponge Bob was horrible.
He must die and burn in the hellfire for eternity!!

:eek:

I accept your opinion, but would you mind explaining why you feel such strong dislike?

"Toshio" wrote:South Park was junk and both family guy and american dad are pieces of trash.

What's the difference between 'junk' and 'trash'? :confused: :p

I personally like South Park, but I agree that Family Guy isn't the greatest show. As strange as my sense of humour is, I never quite understood Peter's hate-on for Meg, or Stewie's hate-on for Lois. They almost go too far with it...[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either. It's one thing for the writers to throw up their hands and say "we don't know how to write for teenage girls", it's another to turn her into a punching bag. It actually kind of saddens me because the firs few seasons of Family Guy (wile not the greatest thing) have some really nice moments where Peter willingly shows his love for Meg. But now, he could could care less.

But then again, that seems to be the problem with Family Guy these days; they'll just throw out anything in hopes of getting a laugh. In any other show, this would be fine. But Family Guy goes out of their way to be overly mean-spirited in their humour. Sometimes, it's understandable. Other times, it's REALLY uncalled for, and it just seems like they hate the thing they're making fun of, as opposed to actually liking the material being poked fun at.

For example, there's an episode where (for a cutaway gag) Peter comments that he's in the mood for Burbon and anime. We then cut to him on the couch, clearly drunk and in his underwear, and he says the following;

"Oh, I can't follow this. Everyone in Japan is either a ten-year old girl, or a monster."

That's probably not one of the more nastier jokes they've done that I could point to, but this one really hits a sore spot with me. Not just because I'm an otaku, but because I have a really nasty disdain towards people who know absolutely nothing about the medium, proceeding to mock it with the usual stereotypes we've all heard before. Add the fact that Peter's drunk, and it almost seems like a nasty insult to the medium, as if you need to be drunk to understand anything going on in an anime, because it's just "so hard to follow!"

Sorry if that rant seemed uncalled for, I just needed to get that off my chest.

As for Spongebob, I can understand why you wouldn't like it. But why would vietmanly despise it, Toshio.

Toshio
Banned

I've seem several episodes while I waited something better to air like Astro Boy 2003 for example, but I always putted in the mute since there was nothing to do at home when I was still living with my family.

I've found the character's behavior horrible and their jokes pretty uncalled for.
It looked more gruesome at times than funny.

Also, I was pretty displeased with their character designs as well.

And Robot Boy was quite of a wannabe, it was frequently copying stuff from other animes than having it's own spirit.

The fact he even got "super activated" remembered of a CG series with similar concept which also had a transformable robot who was able to change into a more powerful robot when necessary.

Plus the super activated form even looked like Rokusho from Medarot with quite bad jokes as well.

Billy & Mandy was another aberration which I cannot understand why they had to make such a awfull thing like that.

racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

"Toshio" wrote:Sorry, but it's necessary to accept others opinions in a thread like that.

I know. but I'm shocked that you didn't like robot boy.
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Toshio
Banned

"racoonangel" wrote:[QUOTE=Toshio;205444]Sorry, but it's necessary to accept others opinions in a thread like that.

I know. but I'm shocked that you didn't like robot boy.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunatelly that cartoon felt pretty bad for somebody who liked Tetsuwan Atom so much.

Even the protagonist keep pretending to be a toy at home while not active which seemed like a copy of animes like Digimon at times and other shows.

It lacked so much originality that is not worth to compare Robot Boy with Atom.

Even the series name sounds like a pun with the episode "Robot Boy" of the 2003 series of Tetsuwan Atom.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

I have determined to enjoy everything that was not out right disgusting, I thoroughly enjoy Family Guy & American Dad, though I am often overwhelmed by their going too far in their quest to offend. Just about everything Toshio named as 'stupid', I enjoy. As for shows lacking originality, I applaud the creative use of others' ideas, so long as they contain some original things.

1. BILLY & MANDY: I admit, I am grossed-out by al the snot, but I still enjoy the show. BTW, it owes much to BILL & TED'S BOGUS ADVENTURE, which owes much to THE SEVENTH SEAL.
  2. SOUTH PARK often parodies not only other TV shows, but even political personalities. I think it is fairly evenly distributed between the right & left.
  3. SPONGE BOB is o.k, & when I was in for hip replacement, it was one of my favorite shows.
  4. ROBOT BOY, I have seen very few of these, but other than the stereotypical Japanese villain, I think it is fairly inoffensive.
  5. DEXTER'S LAB is another super fantasy type show that has such fantastic content, no one should take it seriously. I think ROBOT BOY is similarly fantastic.
  6. JENNY THE TEENAGE ROBOT also had some wonderful episodes. Things like this & others listed above are not to be taken seriously. One who finds fault with these fantastic programs needs to get a life. I love Grim! The very idea of the Angel of Death being best friends with little kids is absurd, & thus funny.

I think some of the commercials are just gross-me-out! They talk about things that I, for one, do not consider topics for polite conversation; things that I would be embarrassed to discuss with my physician. :sick:

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

Legend of Zelda cartoon. Rented one volume from Redbox; do not want.

Sonic Underground. Only ever watched one episode, on Netflix, just to see what it was like. Never again.

I used to watch a Sonic cartoon when I was younger, but I can't remember which one. I know some of the episodes I saw had Tails in them, but that doesn't help me. I also distinctly remember a human-sized robot rooster, as well as a tank-like drill-nosed robot, who I'm pretty sure was a bit like Patrick from Spongebob, as far as personality and intelligence goes: the stereotypical dumb evil henchman. There was also a robot monkey, I think.

Dino Squad is pretty stupid, as well as Winx and Sushi Squad, or whatever it was called.

You people make me feel bad for liking Dinosaur Train. :< Especially as I have no legitimate reason for watching it, other than boredom. The show in and of itself is hokey beyond belief; I just like the little tidbits about dinosaurs and primitive mammals I've never heard of.
I like dinosaurs. :<

Dexter's Laboratory! XD I used to watch that whenever I was at a house that had access to cable (i.e., my cousins' or my Nan's). I distinctly remember a parody they did of My Little Pony.

I loved his whole "mad scientist with an accent" shtick. Did you know that he was voiced by Candi Milo? :3
Last edited by Little Brown Fox on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
lolwut

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:I used to watch a Sonic cartoon when I was younger, but I can't remember which one. I know some of the episodes I saw had Tails in them, but that doesn't help me. I also distinctly remember a human-sized robot rooster, as well as a tank-like drill-nosed robot, who I'm pretty sure was a bit like Patrick from Spongebob, as far as personality and intelligence goes: the stereotypical dumb evil henchman. There was also a robot monkey, I think.

That would be Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. The rooster's and robot's names are Scratch and Grounder, respectively. I loved that cartoon as a kid. I still love it today as well. I believe it was that cartoon that made me want to try a chili dog. :p

Never seen the Legend of Zelda cartoon, but it seems like it would be one of those "so bad, it's good" shows. All I know from it is the internet famous quote: "Well, excuse me Princess."

Return to “General Discussion”