Welcome ASTROGAL4! :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

What!? only 1 post? Welcome to these forums, ASTROGAL4. :lol:

SpaceCookie
Banned

Postby SpaceCookie » 13 years ago

Hello! I am Space Cookie. Or you can just call me Cookie if you want. I do eat a lot of them. >.> I'm new here, and of course it goes without saying I'm an Astro Fan. Not sure how long I've been a fan, but I reckon it must be long enough since I'm here. :) I've seen both the 1980, and 2003 episode's and liked them both a lot...though I have to admit...the 1980's voice acting reminded me a lot of Star Trek for some reason. lol!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

Welcome SpaceCookie! :)

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

Welcome Cookie! XD yay somebody to call Cookie!

Hope you have fun here! ^____^

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 13 years ago

Hello everyone! My screen name is Shiyonasan.

Where to start...well...I guess I could start with the initial reason I joined this forum. (WARNING: Incoming wall of text.)

About two months ago, one of my best friends came over to my house to hang out, and he brought over Scott Pilgrim vs. the World for us to watch. At the time, I was not a Scott Pilgrim fan, whether it was comic book or movie. The series just did not interest me. I'm still not a fan of the comic book, but I did enjoy the movie. It was different, but a good different. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of the movie, but it was pretty good.

Anyways, during that movie, I noticed the main character (Scott Pilgrim) wearing a red hoodie with Astro Boy's head on it. His head looks like the one on the front cover of the Madman DVD set with the 1980s anime in it. This caught my eye because, in America, you really don't see Astro Boy that much anymore (and also because it was manga/anime-related). This stuck with me for the rest of the movie for some reason...

For about two weeks to a month, I forgot about Astro's cameo in the movie and went back to doing other things within my life....until I saw a certain picture on deviantART: http://dragonrider1227.deviantart.com/art/Astro-Boy-and-Mickey-Mouse-82676765

I thought (and still think) that this was (and still is) a cool picture; the most prominent cartoon figures in both America and Japan are represented in it. For some reason, this picture got me thinking that I never really had read or watched Astro Boy that much. So I watched a few clips on Youtube of both the American dub and the original raw Japanese version.

I found this forum shortly after that. I quickly found out that that picture was made by a member on this forum. I thought that was quite a coincidence. :) I stayed on this forum for a while and looked through a few threads. I kept on coming back to this forum. A month passed, and I registered on this forum. During the past month, my interest in Astro Boy grew, and I realized a new fandom for me may be beginning...

That's where I am now. In short, I'm a newbie to the Astro Boy series. :lol: My only prior experience with Astro Boy is the 2003 anime when it aired on Toonami in America back in 2004. I watched a few episodes, but I never really got into it.

Recently, I bought the first Astro Boy Dark Horse manga. I really enjoyed it, and, like I said, I decided to register on this forum.

Outside of Astro Boy, I'm a BIG fan of Dragon Ball. I prefer watching the Japanese version of Dragon Ball. If you see me making a reference to Dragon Ball on this forum, you'll know why. :p I also like a few obscure anime, such as Monster and Now and Then, Here and There. There are a few others, but I don't want to lengthen this post... :lol:

That's about it. I apologize for the wall of text, but I thought I should go over how I became a member of this forum and how I'm slowly becoming an Astro Boy fan. I'm still a newbie to this series, so I may have a few questions to ask you guys on here regarding Astro Boy.

I hope to have some good discussions with you guys on here, and I hope to become more of a fan of the Astro Boy series! :)

~Almost forgot, but is it okay if I create an avatar from one of your screenshots in the 80s screenshot thread, Astro Forever, and use it as my avatar? Just thought I'd ask first.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

Welcome Shiyonasan!

I'm glad you shared how you got interested in Astro Boy. It's nice to get to know a new member better. :)

As for the long text, I see no problem. I'm totally capable of writing long texts in e-mails and private messages from time to time... :unsure: :lol:

Wow, it's fun to have so many new members! :w00t:

Return to “General Discussion”