New members, please introduce yourselves here

Off topic discussion.
Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

Re: New members, please introduce yourselves here

Postby Genshi-san » 4 years ago

Mustachio wrote:Hello, I'm a Japanese Astroboy's fan.
When I was 13 years old, I liked Astroboy's manga.To buy all Astroboy's books,I traveled to Tokyo to go around old books stores ,from Osaka.

30 years after then, I read all manga books and all anime series,63,80,2003
version, in English translated version, for English learning.I remember many stories which I loved then.

I like manga and 80 series above all.
In manga series, I like "Once upon a time Astroboy"above all. This is created as the sequel to 63 anime's end ,in 1967-1969.
Because many sad stories and
Astroboy's spirit to keep fighting for humans, though they often despise him, they misundrestand him, always impress me.

As for character, I have liked Mustachio alias Higeoyaji,Pampas,Daddy Walrus.
Before I know, I'm almost the same age as he is, now. And I'm posting it now,in his address, Kanda-myojinshsita's restaurant by chance.

I'm glad to find many countries' many people love Astroboy now.

Very nice to meet japanese fans, Shin tetsuwan atom (1980) is also my fav, as it was my introduction to the series, glad to have ya here!

Mustachio
Kokoro Robot

Postby Mustachio » 4 years ago

Thank you, this site has many posts already, so I'm over whelmed and surprised :hyo: :hyo: ,but I want to begin posting ,little by little. :ocha:
Last edited by Mustachio on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 4 years ago

Welcome, Mustachio! :D

I went to Japan for my birthday a couple of years ago. It was so amazing and I'd love to go back some day.

racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 3 years ago

I'm not really a new member, but its been so long it may seem like I am to current active members. Hi my name is Ashley, I am student in college studying animation! I fell in love with animation when I discovered astro boy at the age of 12 and joined this site not long after that. I actually started drawing around that time too. If it weren't for finding Astro Boy I don't think I'd be where I am now. I attended Sheridan College for 2 years where I graduated with 2 diplomas. I originally was trying to get into their animation program since it was one of the best in North America. After a couple rejections I decided to apply to another animation school. Which brings me to my present at a new college current studying animation online due to Covid.
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

_n0iro_
Kokoro Robot

Postby _n0iro_ » 3 years ago

Hey everyone!

I've been lurking on here for the past couple of days, but I though it'd be cool to join so here I am.
My name is n0iro and I'm currently studying interactive media in germany. I love art and technology so it felt like the right choice.
I enjoy taking long walks in nature, playing guitar, writing, reading books, drawing and watching anime.
English is not my mother tongue so feel free to correct me any time.

The way I found Astro Boy is probably a bit unconventional so I'll sum it up:
I'm a huge fan of Naoki Urasawa so after re-watching Monster I was looking for Anime with critcal storys regading humanity and the medical world. I stumbled upon Osamu Tezukas Black Jack and fell in love with It. I really enjoyed the mix between deep subjects and humor so I dug deeper and Astro Boy intrigued me. His philosophical questions regarding robots and critic on our lifestyle reminded me of Asimov, who I admire.
Now I'm slowly digging my way through Tezukas work, it's a goldmine.

I finishd the 2003 Anime (sub) a view days ago and it touched me on a deep level, especially the last episode. Tenmas and Atoms final encounter was executed brilliantly. I was in a similar situation Atom was at the end (I don't want to spoil anything so I won't go into detail) when I was a teenager, so it hit me even more. The other person wasn't my father tho. I didn't expect a show for a young audience to get this dark but I loved it.
I read Pluto as well and started watching the 80s version yesterday.

In case you wanna know where my username comes from:
noir = reference to the film genre
noiro = reference to neuroscience and neural networks. In neuroscience, a neural network is any number of interconnected neurons.
the 0 = the Binary Number System is made of 0s and 1s
"In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate" - Isaac Asimov

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 3 years ago

Welcome n0iro! Hope you enjoy Astro Boy Online Forums!

There's a lot of media to enjoy through Astro Boy and Osamu Tezuka's works. The 2003 series is brilliant, and I love the 1980 series so I hope you enjoy that! Pluto is great as well; an anime for it is in the works. Not sure when it'll come out but I'm definitely looking forward to it and I'm sure you will as well!

_n0iro_
Kokoro Robot

Hey, thank you for the warm welcome!

I read that an Anime for Pluto was supposed to be released last year so I hope it was just delayed.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 3 years ago

Welcome! I discovered Tezuka Osmau via Astroboy (I saw the 1963 anime as a kid when it first came out), and then looked for his other works. I've read all of the BlackJack manga that was translated to English, and I've looked for all of his animated works on DVD. I also hope that the Pluto film comes out soon! BTW your forum name could also be a US ham radio callsign.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

_n0iro_
Kokoro Robot

Thank you!
It must be really cool to have seen the development of Atom over the decades... I really enjoy the 80s version too btw. So glad I discovered it. Better late than never : )

AstroAllies
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroAllies » 3 years ago

Hi _n0iro_, welcome to the forums! The 2003 series is amazing, I grew up watching it. :)

Return to “General Discussion”