Humor Hunt

Off topic discussion.
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

Something more or less similar to the "Shameful" mixed up happened to me years ago.

I was filing my tax report with an online software for the first time and, to make sure I wasn't making any mistake, I decided to enter the data into another one to compare. :D There was a difference. I found out there was a bug in one of the software, which omitted a tax deduction. :unsure:

I decided to tell the customer service. I explained the bug. The first reply was a standard one telling me how to claim that particular deduction. :confused: The second reply (from somebody else, it was never the same person who would reply) asked me if I had entered the amount in the field I had just described. :shifty: I then provided screenshots of the form and the summary, showing that the federal deduction worked but not the provincial one right below, complete with arrows and colors. The next reply said I had to fill another section, which was for something else that didn't apply to me, and it didn't make the bugged field work any better anyway. :rolleyes: The following reply asked me what I was trying to do and if I could claim those deductions...? :o hmy:

I didn't think it was relevant, but anyway, I listed the amounts the government had written I could claim, but not wanting to disclose personal information, I listed an amount as $X, and then explained: I am trying to get the deduction for amount "X" . Keep in mind that I had already provided screenshots complete with numeric examples displaying the bug and they were still in the e-mail...

The last (badly written) reply said: "As you indicated, the amount you can claim is listed to $X, which means that the amount will be reported to next year and that you do not need it for this year and that you can't use it this year. Do not try to force the amounts because the government could send you a notice of assessment. Thank you for contacting us."

:d oh: Ever heard of algebra...? :eek:

Later, I found out through Google that somebody else had complained and reported the exact same bug a year or two prior! :mad:

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

(sorry for the quality - phone pic)

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 12 years ago

Remember when McDonald's ran those Pokemon Black and White toys last year?

Well...

(I claim full responsibility.)
Attachments
0625112144.jpg
0625112144.jpg (41.2 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
*dust*

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 12 years ago

"Astroboy599" wrote:Here is cat norris :lol:

I have always wondered if this image is photoshopped in some way, or if they managed to take them the way they really are :D

"Astro Forever" wrote:Later, I found out through Google that somebody else had complained and reported the exact same bug a year or two prior! :mad:

Given how they understood you, it's no surprise :p
Last edited by fafner on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astroboy599
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astroboy599 » 12 years ago

"fafner" wrote:[QUOTE=Astroboy599;194555]Here is cat norris :lol:

I have always wondered if this image is photoshopped in some way, or if they managed to take them the way they really are :D

"Astro Forever" wrote:Later, I found out through Google that somebody else had complained and reported the exact same bug a year or two prior! :mad:

Given how they understood you, it's no surprise :p [/QUOTE]

I've always wondered if it was either photoshopped or not, if it wasn't than there really is a Cat norris :lol:
Astro: "Dr. O'shay....... Do I have to do my homework?" O'shay: "yes Astro, you must do your homework" Astro: "darn it!"

鉄腕アトムのルール :astro:
My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/Aang599?feature=mhee

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 12 years ago

I like this one. One time I was cutting the grass and acciedentaly mowed over a cross my niece dropped in the grass. lol Is it a sin for crucifying a cross?

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Pablo Fransisco's skit on the "movie trailer guy":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDjd-DMyDD0&feature=related

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Meanwhile, in North Carolina...

discretion.jpg
discretion.jpg (21.9 KiB) Viewed 1909 times

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY