Every one has a Dream

Off topic discussion.
Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Every one has a Dream

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

Every one has a dream to gain something to make life better. We all know Astro's dream is for robots to be treated as eaquals. My dream is to become a famious animation artist and its been that scence before i new what Astro or Tezuka was. Please share your dream here :) .

JettoSweet
Kokoro Robot

Postby JettoSweet » 13 years ago

I want to be a Graphic Designer or Animator. :)
[CENTER] :heart: :heart: :heart: Happy Birthday Astro Boy!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
[/CENTER]

King Porky
Kokoro Robot

Postby King Porky » 13 years ago

I almost feel like a sheep saying this but: To be an animator/Illustrator and work for Aardman Animation.
Considering I just got an offer for a university course for both animation and illustration, I'm thinking I'm on the right track with this one :D
With Aardman they are one of my earliest influences and even today I still adore they're work and they inspired me to really try and focus on Claymation, hence why I'd absolutely adore to work for them. They're one of those companies every British animator wants to work for though so I don't know if I'd ever have the skill to work with them.

UH I do have another dream, and that's to settle down in a nice house with my girlfriend and our 33 kids. At the moment she live's in America while I live in the UK, so to be honest, even just physically being with her, even if only for a couple of days, would be a dream come true.
*sapsapsapsapsap*
Now now darling,
Oh don't kill yourself,
Cause none of us were angels

:heart: And you know I love you yeah! :heart:
King Porky:- The party don't start 'til I walk in~
Tumblr/Sketch Blog/Twitter

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

"JettoSweet" wrote:I want to be a Graphic Designer or Animator. :)

Awsome just like me :D

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

My dream is to be a successful animator. I was inspired by Osamu Tezuka. I also want to write stories, draw comics, and possibly make movies. I also hope one day I'll find the love of my life, the perfect guy, get married, and live happily ever after! But I doubt that would happen. My parents separated almost 2 years ago, so I guess I'm kinda doubtful about finding love in the future. Another dream is that my parents would finally work out their problems and/or differences and love each other and we can be a family again. I'm desperate. I guess all I could do is pray and hope for the best. Yeah, I think I said too much. :blush:
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

"King Porky" wrote:I almost feel like a sheep saying this but: To be an animator/Illustrator and work for Aardman Animation.
Considering I just got an offer for a university course for both animation and illustration, I'm thinking I'm on the right track with this one :D
With Aardman they are one of my earliest influences and even today I still adore they're work and they inspired me to really try and focus on Claymation, hence why I'd absolutely adore to work for them. They're one of those companies every British animator wants to work for though so I don't know if I'd ever have the skill to work with them.

UH I do have another dream, and that's to settle down in a nice house with my girlfriend and our 33 kids. At the moment she live's in America while I live in the UK, so to be honest, even just physically being with her, even if only for a couple of days, would be a dream come true.
*sapsapsapsapsap*

wow so many people want to but never try and you are thats awsome :D ! and aaww cute

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Anime Girl 16: thats all i hope for too (i disided i would be a animator when i was 6 and im still sticking to it :) ) im very sorry for you and your parents it is hard at times but it gets better :)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Hate to be a downer, BUT.....

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

My dream is for DECENT PAYING, LONG-LASTING JOBS TO RETURN TO OUR HOME COUNTRIES!!
I AM a graphic designer and have been all my life (I used make little books as child, write stories and illustrate them!) -- I lo :heart: e my work - BUUUUTTTT . . . I doubt I'll ever be able to retire!!

Being an artist is NOT highly valued in the marketplace. A small number of people make wonderful salaries, and the rest is a fiscal race to the bottom.

Right now I'm literally praying every day that my job doesn't get eliminated. It hurts when you KNOW your work is important and makes a difference, but people "above" you don't "get" it and feel marketing materials, and posters and presentations "don't need to be that fancy" -- this work is sadly considered "frivolous." :( :cry:

Please PLEASE take "back up" courses if you persue a field in commercial art -- and "cross train" as much as you can! One reason I have a job is I'm also able to create websites, and I have a business/marketing background. I actually needed to "dumb down" my resume and got hired as a "secretary" into my present job, so having a good solid in-demand skill is a MUST.

Also the more your skill can't be "outsourced" the better! My husband is a senior-level technical illustrator whose worked for some of the largest companies in the world. Guess what -- they are shipping work to India an China as quickly as they can. He makes a FRACTION of what he used to.

One more thing - you won't always be young -- and when you need that salary the most -- in your 40's, 50's and 60's -- that's when you'll be pushed out because companies can hire two young people for your single salary.

My dream is an end to this nightmare!!! :unsure:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

I always dreamed of being a rock star, but then I realized how much playing the drums in an apartment really pisses the neighbors off. :eek: :hyo: so I decided to take a graphic design course, and like AprilSeven suggested, always carry a back up plan. Atleast my job still consists of a computer and I can listen to tunes all day! :)

My dream would be an endless supply of Diet Pepsi
Last edited by Novacain on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Forgot to mention my dream

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

Very true, April. I want to be a doctor, I just hope I make it through all the years of school to get there. If I, for some reason, quite at any time before I finish residency, my education is useless in finding a job. I would also like like to write/draw a manga series or books.
"Novacain" wrote:My dream would be an endless supply of Diet Pepsi
Lol.

Return to “General Discussion”