Fav anime + general anime discussion. (Besides astro :P)

Off topic discussion.
Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Fav anime + general anime discussion. (Besides astro :P)

Postby Bakabits » 13 years ago

Title says it all.

My fav would have to be..... Konjiki No Gash Bell! :D Anyone hear about it? It came out around the same time as Astro boy 2003. It is about a lazy 15-year old kid who (out of nowhere) has to take care of a young demon boy named gash. :p They then get thrown into a fight to make gash the demon king. Its sad though because almost every time gash makes a friend he has to fight them. It was Dubbed in several countries under the name "Zatch Bell!" here are some links to the openings:
opening 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ-knE2TA44

opening 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aMy1lJsRtE&feature=related

opening 3(BEST ONE!:w00t :) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0h9Hr2ikZM&feature=related

So Basically discuss and comment on anime in this thread.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 13 years ago

Definitely Dragon Ball. I love Astro Boy, but Dragon Ball is my all-time favorite anime (and manga) series. I've loved the series for almost 12 years now and I don't think that will stop anytime soon. I only watch the Japanese version.

I mainly love Dragon Ball because of it's unique sense of humor, the way the storytelling is written -- even if there are some plotholes here and there -- the action sequences, the one-of-a-kind music, and especially the personalities each character is given. No two characters are alike in Dragon Ball. I won't go into minute details as to why I love Dragon Ball, but I'll just say that Dragon Ball is like no other Japanese animation out there. Definitely one of the best series of all time in my opinion.

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 13 years ago

I've only seen a few episodes of Zatch Bell, but I keep up with the manga. ^_^ I like it.

BUT, my favorite anime have to be Paranoia Agent, FLCL and Big O. (Big O is kinda like Batman...if he had a giant robot instead of a silly costume, lol), although FLCL is at the tippy tippy top of my love list. xD It's just so wacky, the animation is beautiful, and it had the best soundtracks. (Not to mention, with only 6 episodes it's easy to keep up with.)

Paranoia Agent is just a mind-F. Has some deep themes of psychological disorders and disturbances. Kinda like Neo Genesis Eva, but little to no bloody violence. It's really cool and the animation is superb.

(I do like Dragon Ball Z though...)
*dust*

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

Metropolis, but that may be a bit too Astro-ish... So Neon Genesis Evangelion for me, arguably the best anime of all time. And I can now safely add Osamu Dezaki's Black Jack series to my list. It's so cool that they're gonna release two new episodes after it's been over for 11 years.
I'm on Twitter.

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 13 years ago

Clannad definitely. Its #2 on my list. Astro's #1.

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

I would probably have to say Fist of the North Star. I got it into it recently and I'm still watching some episodes. (I'm staying far away from the 1995 movie.) Very good anime and I am enjoying it so far. If no one here has heard of it you should definitely look into it.

Other then that series I would have to say Vampire Hunter D. There's a lot of recent anime that I'm not into. I can't stand Naruto or Bleach, but that's my personal preference. I love the story of Vampire Hunter D, the characters, the art style, pretty much everything, it really shows how well the Japanese can make a very well crafted story. Not to mention Vampire Hunter D is NOT Twilight, and infinitely superior in a lot of ways.

I don't mind DBZ, it's an OK series in my book, but it's not my favorite. I would have liked the TV series a lot more if there weren't episodes where either:
A) The antagonist of an episode is doing some kind of transformation and it takes an episode or two for him/her to finally do it. While Goku or whoever just sits there floating in the air doing nothing with their jaw dropped. (Freeza's transformation is a perfect example.)

Or, B) An entire episode of two people doing nothing but floating in the air, talking about what their going to do 5 min before they do it.

Those things really annoyed me in Dragonball, but it was still OK. I liked the story and characters, but some episodes like that just got on my nerves. If it weren't for crap like that I would have liked it a lot more.

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

ASTRO B *covers mouth* I would have to say my 2nd favorite is Avartar the Last Airbender

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 13 years ago

"Ghost" wrote:I don't mind DBZ, it's an OK series in my book, but it's not my favorite. I would have liked the TV series a lot more if there weren't episodes where either:
A) The antagonist of an episode is doing some kind of transformation and it takes an episode or two for him/her to finally do it. While Goku or whoever just sits there floating in the air doing nothing with their jaw dropped. (Freeza's transformation is a perfect example.)

Or, B) An entire episode of two people doing nothing but floating in the air, talking about what their going to do 5 min before they do it.

Those things really annoyed me in Dragonball, but it was still OK. I liked the story and characters, but some episodes like that just got on my nerves. If it weren't for crap like that I would have liked it a lot more.

I can see where you're coming from. I've heard a lot of people, including fans of the series, complain (for lack of a better word) about the long periods of time the series goes through during certain parts of the series. Mainly, those kind of episodes occur during the Freeza arc like you mentioned. It doesn't really happen in other parts of the series to my knowledge.

"Gotta Love ASTRO BOY" wrote:ASTRO B *covers mouth* I would have to say my 2nd favorite is Avartar the Last Airbender

Not an anime, GLAB. It has anime elements, but was not made in Japan.

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

:d oh: oh well its the only other animation I watch

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

This is old, but I don't watch animes anymore, so it's to be expected. It's Berusaiyu no Bara / The Rose of Versailles. I liked it as a teenager, but I liked it even more as I rediscovered it on DVD a few years ago. It was almost as if it was a new series to me. For its time, the animation is great, and I enjoy the many historical references (it's at the time of the 1789 French revolution).

Return to “General Discussion”