Fav anime + general anime discussion. (Besides astro :P)

Off topic discussion.
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:This is old, but I don't watch animes anymore, so it's to be expected. It's Berusaiyu no Bara / The Rose of Versailles. I liked it as a teenager, but I liked it even more as I rediscovered it on DVD a few years ago. It was almost as if it was a new series to me. For its time, the animation is great, and I enjoy the many historical references (it's at the time of the 1789 French revolution).

That is something I'll definitely check out eventually. It's one of Osamu Dezaki's (RIP) most revered works.
I'm on Twitter.

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

"InsaneAstroBoyLover" wrote:Clannad definitely. Its #2 on my list. Astro's #1.

CLANNAD ALL THE WAY!!
Well, acully, Vampire Night is my 2# faveroute and then Clannad and then pokemon..
Vampire knight! is about thye story of a 15year old girl called yuki that goes to a school called Cross Academy, whitch is trying to make people and vampires co. exist with each other through education, thing is, pretty much all of teh day class students don't know the night class students are vampires, and Yuki, along with a 16year old boy, Zero are the disciplinairy commitee-which is on partol at night keeping an eye on the night class so they dont spill the beans.

BTW, does another series count as the same rank XD (Vampire Knight+vampire Knight Guilty & Clannad+ Clannad After Story and well, all of the pokemon series?!? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d6q8hGLXxk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO2T8-POSl4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyPiqrtUwPo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4YPvytzKQg&feature=related
Last edited by atoms_gf on Thu May 19, 2011 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

Metropolis, Black Jack, Bleach, Naruto, Full Moon O Sagashite, Sailor Moon, One Piece, you name it.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

I've got quite a few favourites, but sadly a good deal of them are obscure...

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Key the Metal Idol
3. Mobile Police Patlabor
4. Tetsujin 28
5. Giant Robo
6. Neon Genesis Evangelion
7. Magic User's Club
8. Lupin III
9. The Big O
10. Classic Sailor Moon

EDIT: Oh no, I almost forgot City Hunter! :d oh:
Last edited by Fauna on Thu May 19, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

"Anime Girl 16" wrote:Metropolis, Black Jack, Bleach, Naruto, Full Moon O Sagashite, Sailor Moon, One Piece, you name it.

Bleach. I was considering buying some of those at a closing sale (only $3 a disc) but I didnt. I've never watched it but I've heard people talking about it. Just to bad I didn't take the deal.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 13 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:I've got quite a few favourites, but sadly a good deal of them are obscure...

Nothing wrong with that. I like obscure anime as well. Some obscure anime I like are:

~Now and Then, Here and There
~Monster
~Nobody's Boy: Remi
~Barefoot Gen (Technically an anime movie, but it still counts I guess...)

Been thinking lately about watching Cross Game as well. I don't really care about sports, but that anime actually looks pretty interesting.

"Gotta Love ASTRO BOY" wrote:[QUOTE=Anime Girl 16;128502]Metropolis, Black Jack, Bleach, Naruto, Full Moon O Sagashite, Sailor Moon, One Piece, you name it.

Bleach. I was considering buying some of those at a closing sale (only $3 a disc) but I didnt. I've never watched it but I've heard people talking about it. Just to bad I didn't take the deal.[/QUOTE]

From the first 50 or so episodes of Bleach that I watched, it actually wasn't that bad. I've heard it gets bad (quality-wise) at some parts -- though I haven't seen those parts myself -- so I can't really judge how it is.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Thu May 19, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

One of my 1st series was Urusei Yatsura; I really loved its off the wall comedy. I also enjoyed Ranma & Innuyasha, noting that a few characters in them were obviously based upon some in UY. These all are from Rumiko Takahashi.

I enjoy a bit of silliness, so Bleach & Naruto do not annoy me, even with the characters talking when they ought to be fighting & the plots that move along very slowly, despite intense action. I like Full Metal Panic & its sequel. Laughter is very important to me!

I could not even begin to list the shows I have seen, as I have to date, borrowed about 2,000 dvds from NF, & cannot even remember most. I do want to give EXCEL SAGA another view, since I first watched it with an insufficient background in anime. :lol:

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 13 years ago

Well defenetly One Piece now above DragonBall wich used to be my favourite.

I'm also really enjoying tezuka's adult works i'm reading the hole phoenix saga right now (at volume 4) and it really changed the way i looked at the meaning of life so much more than the OVA series did hope vertical will etleast continue to bring out more but yeha kinda offtopic it supose to be about anime only ?

Well after One Piece i really like Death Note and much of the Sci-fi Anime and stuff like Lupin,Yu Yu Hakusho,Rurouni Kenshin and such.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Fri May 20, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

oh yeah, how could i forget ToraDora! ?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Astro Forever;128491]This is old, but I don't watch animes anymore, so it's to be expected. It's Berusaiyu no Bara / The Rose of Versailles. I liked it as a teenager, but I liked it even more as I rediscovered it on DVD a few years ago. It was almost as if it was a new series to me. For its time, the animation is great, and I enjoy the many historical references (it's at the time of the 1789 French revolution).

That is something I'll definitely check out eventually. It's one of Osamu Dezaki's (RIP) most revered works.[/QUOTE]
Do you know that he didn't work on the entire series?

I own the boxset released by IDP a few years ago, and there is an interview with Dezaki in the bonuses. I had not realized there had been a switch of director; after watching the interview, I could recognize the difference, it is true that things become darker, more serious; but since the characters are so young in the beginning, it makes sense that there wasn't as much tension in the first episodes.

Return to “General Discussion”