Virtual AstroBoy Online meeting *** Sunday, August 7! ***

Off topic discussion.

If you want to participate, when will you be available?

Poll ended at 12 years ago

Saturday, July 30
11%
Sunday, July 31
16%
Saturday, August 6
16%
Sunday, August 7
23%
Saturday, August 13
16%
Sunday, August 14
18%

Total votes: 44

Astro Forever
Administrator

Virtual AstroBoy Online meeting *** Sunday, August 7! ***

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

Several members in this thread thought it could be fun to hold a virtual meeting. The software will most likely be Skype and we won't use the video option. For those who can't or would rather not participate on Skype, we are planning on using the chat thread at the same time so we can reach as many members as possible.

To try to accomodate as many forum members as possible, the meeting should take place on a Saturday or a Sunday, at more or less 2 PM, -5 GMT (Eastern Daylight Time). Use this site or ask here if you need help to translate it into your timezone! :)

Please check all the choices that, at this time, to the best of your knowledge, could potentially work for you.

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 12 years ago

Just as long as it's not the 30th :lol: Im going to a friends house that day ^^

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 12 years ago

bu--but!, If you live there and then, I'll be sleeping at that time! @__X
thats like, midnight! D:

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 12 years ago

I found out that not only do I have a tournament this weekend, but next weekend as well, I should be free in August.

Got a new mic for skype a few weeks ago so, time to put it to good use!

GMT -7 would be around 12:00 PM right?

Even if we anted to use video, group video comes with a monthly fee.

For something like this, I wouldn't care if the meeting was at 3:00 AM over here, I wouldn't miss something like this (Although thanks to my trip to Hawaii, I can't sleep until around 3:00-4:00 AM anyways :eek :)

(Wow, I'm too brain-dead to put those together :d oh: I need to sleep!)
Last edited by Astro Boy2866 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

atoms_gf
Robot President

Wait! I just remembered my dad has a webcam, so that would mean that I would be free for a meeting on a saturday, which means now that I voted for a sunday, I can't change it -_-
if I get up at 5:00 or 6:00 am, That would be in the afternoon in America, so..

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 12 years ago

www.timeticker.com is handy too to know the hour at a given location. Just make sure to mute the ticking noise, it can get on the nerves after some time :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

"atoms_gf" wrote:bu--but!, If you live there and then, I'll be sleeping at that time! @__X
thats like, midnight! D:

Well, yes, it's impossible to hold such a thing without somebody somewhere being in the middle of the night. :( Since I don't think there were any Australian or Asian in the other topic, I went with what worked for those people.

But hey, it doesn't mean that there couldn't be another one at a more convenient time for Australian and Asian members. :)

"Astro Boy2866" wrote:GMT -7 would be around 12:00 PM right?

It probably is, unless I guess one timezone is on daylight saving time and not the other one.

"atoms_gf" wrote:Wait! I just remembered my dad has a webcam, so that would mean that I would be free for a meeting on a saturday, which means now that I voted for a sunday, I can't change it -_-

Which Saturday(s) do you want to add? I can't change the results of the poll but we can take it into consideration at the end.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

"Astro Boy2866" wrote:GMT -7 would be around 12:00 PM right?

I believe so.

After looking it up, Eastern Daylight Time is actually considered GMT-4 (the current time for Eastern Time Zone) because of Daylight Savings. Eastern Standard Time is GMT -5. I'm assuming that the time is still 2 PM in Eastern Daylight Time regardless though, right? If so, then I am 12 PM as well.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atoms_gf
Robot President

"Astro Forever" wrote:[QUOTE=atoms_gf;149615]Wait! I just remembered my dad has a webcam, so that would mean that I would be free for a meeting on a saturday, which means now that I voted for a sunday, I can't change it -_-

Which Saturday(s) do you want to add? I can't change the results of the poll but we can take it into consideration at the end.[/QUOTE]

Any Saturday Is fine but not the first one. :)

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

Well 2 pm would do for me since that's 8 pm in my time but much later would could a problem and i voted for 31th hope it can that day.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Return to “General Discussion”