Just when you thought American cartoons couldn't get any worse!

Off topic discussion.
Bigdog
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bigdog » 12 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:Yeah, and I thought those two ninja fighting cartoon rabbits and Robot Boy were bad @_@

Robot Boy is Jetter Mars ripoff. Two scientists want him to be either good or evil, but yet he's this braindead robot who virtually has the brainpower of a cat. But that's because he is completely manufactured just for a kid's whim to teach him to be a good boy.

Ninja cartoon rabbits? You mean Skunk Fu? That show was pretty awesome and I confused it as a sequel of Kung Fu Panda. It wasn't that bad.

But both of those were at least ok shows.

Does anyone like the French anime series Code Lyoko? That was like one of the only good recent shows other than their dwindling anime. They truly shot themselves in the head for getting rid of their number one reason for success. Now they are trying to get rid of Cartoons. Isn't that ludicrous? A cartoon channel , which its best output was anime ,having no cartoons? Laughable.

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jmb2891 » 12 years ago

I liked Code Lyoko.
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

Please check out:
My YouTube Channel
My Ultimate-Guitar Profile

Bigdog
Rocket Ball Champion

"jmb2891" wrote:I liked Code Lyoko.

It was on like four very long seasons and the whole idea of going into a supercomputer to prevent World War III was pretty awesome especially how Aelita and her father were connected to some Cold War project thingy. But I loved the computer world aspect of it and how it was brought into the real world.

I looked it up and there'll be another season in 2012. :)

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 12 years ago

ah gumball....... that show my cousins love.... and i have a flamethrower on the ready for. :d evil: you can't really blame Cartoon Network for most of the cartoon fails in america. I mean they only buy showing rights from canada. (sarcasm:lol :) CN (and other channels such as Nick and a percent of the Disney network's lineup) get most of their cartoons from Canada. I guess it happened when the "sketching frame by frame" method was replaced by computer animation. CN used to be owned by a company known as Hanna-Barbara. Hanna-Barbara made cartoons such as johnny bravo, PPGs, and dexter's lab. But in today's world all Hanna-Barbara has is the channel "boomerang" showing their former glory. :cry: but to get back to the subject of Canada, CN and a channel called Teletoon (canada's cartoon channel) "exchange ideas." Not too happy bout that. :shifty: For example, you guys hear of the looney toons show? yeah i am 90% sure thats a teletoon production. Also, the only long running original CN series i can think of is ben 10. I do not hate all new cartoons though. I mean there is total drama and jimmy two-shoes. they will give you a laugh. :p

Bigdog
Rocket Ball Champion

"AstroMars137" wrote:ah gumball....... that show my cousins love.... and i have a flamethrower on the ready for. :d evil: you can't really blame Cartoon Network for most of the cartoon fails in america. I mean they only buy showing rights from canada. (sarcasm:lol :) CN (and other channels such as Nick and a percent of the Disney network's lineup) get most of their cartoons from Canada. I guess it happened when the "sketching frame by frame" method was replaced by computer animation. CN used to be owned by a company known as Hanna-Barbara. Hanna-Barbara made cartoons such as johnny bravo, PPGs, and dexter's lab. But in today's world all Hanna-Barbara has is the channel "boomerang" showing their former glory. :cry: but to get back to the subject of Canada, CN and a channel called Teletoon (canada's cartoon channel) "exchange ideas." Not too happy bout that. :shifty: For example, you guys hear of the looney toons show? yeah i am 90% sure thats a teletoon production. Also, the only long running original CN series i can think of is ben 10. I do not hate all new cartoons though. I mean there is total drama and jimmy two-shoes. they will give you a laugh. :p

Total Drama Island has been cancelled.

Yeah , Ben 10 is good .

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 12 years ago

"Bigdog" wrote:[QUOTE=jmb2891;171471]I liked Code Lyoko.

It was on like four very long seasons and the whole idea of going into a supercomputer to prevent World War III was pretty awesome especially how Aelita and her father were connected to some Cold War project thingy. But I loved the computer world aspect of it and how it was brought into the real world.

I looked it up and there'll be another season in 2012. :) [/QUOTE]

I liked the show to a certain extent I'm afraid. The animation could've been a hell of a lot better. I did like the overall plot of the series and I did like the characters, Odd especially... But the episodes in that series were SO repetitive.

Oh noes! XANA is attacking! We need to deactivate the tower!

It was like that with EVERY single episode I saw. So I didn't the series because of this. If the episodes weren't so repetitive I would've liked the series a lot more.

It was so disappointing because it had really good characters and a good overall plot but they killed it for me. When I watched it I felt like a hamster running on a wheel. That's not how I want to feel when I watch a TV series.

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 12 years ago

"Bigdog" wrote:[QUOTE=AstroMars137;171582]ah gumball....... that show my cousins love.... and i have a flamethrower on the ready for. :d evil: you can't really blame Cartoon Network for most of the cartoon fails in america. I mean they only buy showing rights from canada. (sarcasm:lol :) CN (and other channels such as Nick and a percent of the Disney network's lineup) get most of their cartoons from Canada. I guess it happened when the "sketching frame by frame" method was replaced by computer animation. CN used to be owned by a company known as Hanna-Barbara. Hanna-Barbara made cartoons such as johnny bravo, PPGs, and dexter's lab. But in today's world all Hanna-Barbara has is the channel "boomerang" showing their former glory. :cry: but to get back to the subject of Canada, CN and a channel called Teletoon (canada's cartoon channel) "exchange ideas." Not too happy bout that. :shifty: For example, you guys hear of the looney toons show? yeah i am 90% sure thats a teletoon production. Also, the only long running original CN series i can think of is ben 10. I do not hate all new cartoons though. I mean there is total drama and jimmy two-shoes. they will give you a laugh. :p

Total Drama Island has been cancelled.

Yeah , Ben 10 is good .[/QUOTE]

TD was cancelled? :confused: i thought they were making a new season with new characters replacing the old 1s. And yes, the ORIGINAL Ben ten was good. :p Ah i miss my childhood

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

I really liked Code Lyoko. While I can see where Ghost is coming from with the repetitive episode formula, I did like the overall story and some of the stories from that show. The show had great humor too. Aelita was probably my favorite character, but I do generally like the majority of the cast. Definitely going to check out the fifth season if I get the chance.

Although I should point out that it's actually a French cartoon, not an American one. ;)

Also, I agree that the original Ben 10 was good. The newer seasons...not so much.

Bigdog
Rocket Ball Champion

"Ghost" wrote:[QUOTE=Bigdog;171571][QUOTE=jmb2891;171471]I liked Code Lyoko.

I looked it up and there'll be another season in 2012. :) [/QUOTE]

I liked the show to a certain extent I'm afraid. The animation could've been a hell of a lot better. I did like the overall plot of the series and I did like the characters, Odd especially... But the episodes in that series were SO repetitive.

Oh noes! XANA is attacking! We need to deactivate the tower!

It was like that with EVERY single episode I saw. So I didn't the series because of this. If the episodes weren't so repetitive I would've liked the series a lot more.

It was so disappointing because it had really good characters and a good overall plot but they killed it for me. When I watched it I felt like a hamster running on a wheel. That's not how I want to feel when I watch a TV series.[/QUOTE]

It got better in the later seasons , I assure you .
"Shiyonasan" wrote:I really liked Code Lyoko. While I can see where Ghost is coming from with the repetitive episode formula, I did like the overall story and some of the stories from that show. The show had great humor too. Aelita was probably my favorite character, but I do generally like the majority of the cast. Definitely going to check out the fifth season if I get the chance.

Although I should point out that it's actually a French cartoon, not an American one. ;)

Also, I agree that the original Ben 10 was good. The newer seasons...not so much.

The newer Ben 10 seasons are like terrible fanfiction. They completely rewrite the entire premise of the show, got rid of Gwen's powers and made Kevin NICE. Before Ultimate Alien ,it was just stupid but once they returned her powers and made Kevin evil, it was better. But I won't waste my time watching it .

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 12 years ago

You guys didn't know Lyoko was from France? Okay then...

Aelita was cool to, but for some reason I really liked Odd. I didn't like him at first but his personality I really liked. I thought he was a funny character, other then that I don't know why.

As for Ben 10..... I personally didn't like it. I saw an episode, thought it was generic, the only character I thought was decent was the grandfather. The cousin (I forget her name) simply couldn't stand her and I thought she was simply annoying. And same thing with Ben, I had kinda the same problem with the 03 English dub of Astro Boy but this was a worse case.

His dialogue seemed kinda lame to me, and his voice didn't really help I recall. And personality wise, I didn't really like him. Something about his attitude really turned me away and he seemed too arrogant, and (Only word I can think of, but it's a word I can't use here.) he seemed a bit of a "D-Bag." So I never bothered with the rest of the series, nor did I look into this new series where they're teenagers.

Plot wise, it didn't speak to me. It didn't have a good vibe to it, and it didn't seem to have a lot going for it. Maybe it's because it's aliens I don't know.

Return to “General Discussion”