We've had a crash & stuff is missing

Off topic discussion.
AprilSeven
Silent Song

We've had a crash & stuff is missing

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

I'm posting this message so everyone can understand what has happened lately: ABO's server became corrupted and pretty much everything generated after mid-October has been eliminated in the process.

Mark is working to see what can be restored - you'll notice missing threads/posts/PM's and work on our wiki - it's all due to corrupted files on the server's hard drive. ABO has been moved to another server (many of you saw that it had been down for a little while - you couldn't reach any part of it at all). If I understand the situation accurately, we might have to choose with either losing newer content or older content (the backup files would erase the new stuff, but it could be one way to bring back the old).

Nothing has been removed by the mods, hackers, etc. -- just good ol' technology FAIL. :d evil:

SAVE content and artwork and writing you want, because it CAN vanish. Remember it's only a MACHINE. Sorry Astro!! :blush:

:astro: = HMPHFFF!!

Hopefully, in the end, we won't lose very much, but there is real possibility that some of it is not coming back!! I'm sorry too, because I've been actually writing a fanfic and -you guessed it!! - the whole thing went BYE-BYE!! :cry:

In the meantime . . . we're baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

Thank you for explaining this. I didn't know it went that far back into October, I thought it was just from mid-November 'til now. That really is a lot more, hopefully some of it can be restored.

I have backup text of everything I did on the Wiki, but I unfortunately did not get around to saving what I learned in the "Astro's robot parents' names" thread. :(

But yay that the site's back up. :D

Faram45
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Faram45 » 12 years ago

I was wondering where my 3 posts went.

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

Awwh poor Astro :cry:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

"Satus" wrote:Thank you for explaining this. I didn't know it went that far back into October, I thought it was just from mid-November 'til now. That really is a lot more, hopefully some of it can be restored.

I have backup text of everything I did on the Wiki, but I unfortunately did not get around to saving what I learned in the "Astro's robot parents' names" thread. :(

But yay that the site's back up. :D

I don't mind if you start the thread again, I don't mind repeating myself. ;)

Edit: funny, I had actually cleaned my PM boxes, so I have actually more stuff in than I had before the crash. The rest is in my e-mails or in Notepad, fortunately.
Last edited by Astro Forever on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

Nice to know I can, but I think I'll hold off from doing so at least for a bit (and then completely forget, knowing me). But thanks. :)

I had cleaned out my PMs too. :lol: I ended up cleaning them out again when they returned.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 12 years ago

funny things happen when you restore a mysql database from a backup lol
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 12 years ago

AURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D: the thread I made to post fanart of other cartoons I like has been deleted! (faints)
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

Oh, sorry to read that! :( You can start it again, we managed to catch up in one of our games so there's hope. :)

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 12 years ago

Hah X3
I was about to ask what happened to my stuff.
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

Return to “General Discussion”