What was the last thing you bought?

Off topic discussion.
jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jmb2891 » 11 years ago

I bought a bunch of sweet stuff after I got a nice fat check from work. I bought a portable record player for my budding vinyl collection, Astro Boy vol. 22 (completing my Dark Horse AB collection finally!!!), The Lords/New Creatures by Jim Morrison (his original books of poetry), and, finally, The Man Who Laughs by Victor Hugo.
The bookstore at KSU just got cheap "bargain" books and I spied one I wanted literally as they locked the doors. I'll have to wait until Monday to get I Am Ozzy, Ozzy Osbourne's autobiography.
Last edited by jmb2891 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

Please check out:
My YouTube Channel
My Ultimate-Guitar Profile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

I've just bought Urasawa's Pluto. :D

In German! :unsure:

I'm wondering a bit what it will be like, but I should be able to get through. :lol: I figured it would be time efficient to study and at the same time, satisfy the Astro Boy fan in me. :)

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 11 years ago

@april: and they have a really cool looken paint on em to, there red and blue and it is matellic shiney finnish.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 11 years ago

Sailor Moon manga volume 6 and the Adventure Time cosplay sword.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

After several purchases over some time, I managed to get a $20 gift certificate from an electronic store.

I had not any big purchase there planned, so I thought of two small items that would amount to about 23$. :D One was $14.99, the other one was $11.99. When the price of the second item showed up after the cashier scanned it, it said $19.99! :o hmy: So I mentioned the error, and the cashier checked the price with me. It really was $11.99!

Where I live, according to the law, if a merchant choses not to put price tag on the items, if there is such an error, you either get the item for free if it's worth less than $10 or you get a $10 discount on it. So I could pay it only $1.99 instead! :D But then that meant that I was missing $3.02 to be able to use my gift certificate! :d oh: So I had to quickly find something with the lowest price possible! :lol: I setteled on a USB key, because I tend to lose them so easily! It cost me a few dollars more than what I was missing, but there wasn't really a difference with what I was going to pay to start with. So I kind of got it for free! :D

It was just really strange though that this price error hat to occur right as I was using a gift certificate, but oh well, I'll take it! :p

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Went to a gun show today and bought my first handgun: a .22 revolver and a holster.
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."

-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."

-Mark Twain

Please check out:

My YouTube Channel

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

"jmb2891" wrote:Went to a gun show today and bought my first handgun: a .22 revolver and a holster.
I do find it fasinating that in so many countries you can just buy a gun while it's forbiden here, just the fact of owning one is a crime of the highest degree i do believe less accidents happened because not everone has a gun that can just go to a city and shoot some folks dead.

About a year ago there actually was an accident that was all over the place in the news because it nearly ever happens on a big scale.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 11 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:[QUOTE=jmb2891;201397]Went to a gun show today and bought my first handgun: a .22 revolver and a holster.
I do find it fasinating that in so many countries you can just buy a gun while it's forbiden here, just the fact of owning one is a crime of the highest degree i do believe less accidents happened because not everone has a gun that can just go to a city and shoot some folks dead.

About a year ago there actually was an accident that was all over the place in the news because it nearly ever happens on a big scale.[/QUOTE]

Where do u live?
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

"Anime Girl 16" wrote:[QUOTE=Tetsuwan Atom;201398][QUOTE=jmb2891;201397]Went to a gun show today and bought my first handgun: a .22 revolver and a holster.

About a year ago there actually was an accident that was all over the place in the news because it nearly ever happens on a big scale.[/QUOTE]

Where do u live?[/QUOTE]The Netherlands Amsterdam might be famous for all sorts off illigal things but weapons are really something else :lol: .

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Man, that's crazy. I live in the southern U.S., though they don't just hand a firearm to anyone, there's federal forms to fill out and background checks. I actually found out that you can't leave ANY blanks (for example, if a question asks if you are a U.S. citizen and if yes, can skip the next question where it asks for your country of origin, you have to put N/A).
Btw, that gun show had some interesting items for sale. I was mind blown that there was an actual MG for sale (over $3000), several antique weapons, and one guy was carrying around a set of Japanese swords.
This weekend I'm going to my grandpa's farm for his birthday and to shoot mine and my dad's guns.

-Jim Morrison

-Mark Twain

Please check out:

My YouTube Channel

Return to “General Discussion”