Japanese elementary school enrolls robot exchange student (GIZMAG)

Off topic discussion.
AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

I would argue that it is worthy to strive to educate the world's peoples (not just children) without halting the development of technology.

One hope for education is utilizing wireless communication and tablets (such as Ipads) combined with online instruction -- ever hear of a MOOC? That stands for Massive Open Online Class - college courses that are being shared via the Internet with the entire world for FREE.

Much of this humanitarian/educational outreach is the work of universities and grassroots groups. I personally believe that, within a generation, education (including "college") will be quite different and VERY accessible to all who are interested.

And as for a robot in class . . . COOL!! (Hey, this IS an Astro Boy forum!) :p

:astro: :heart:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

"Mr." wrote:[QUOTE=jeffbert;207878]So, Mr., are you saying that they are neglecting real kids?

Yes?[/QUOTE]
:blush: I do not see how Japan's educational programs introducing robots to certain classrooms detracts from other nations. I think the robots are used to learn about humans' ability to learn, and I doubt they put robots in classrooms just for the sake of being cool.

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 11 years ago

This is just so cool.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Return to “General Discussion”