Just to say "hello" :)

Off topic discussion.
Darkgirl
Kokoro Robot

Just to say "hello" :)

Postby Darkgirl » 11 years ago

Hi ! I'm a "old" member, since around 3 years. I read most of your threads since a long time, but I'm a little bit shy to post, because I'm a french speacking girl. I read fluently threads in english, but unfortunatly I've a serious lack of practice. So, there's no problem to enjoy reading the threads on the forums. I continue to follow your posts and hoping the forum keep a high level of activity from the members. Sorry for the grammatical hardcore :whistling: A strong Astro fan, Darkgirl :ninja:
French first words in Frankenstein episode :

- Hé ! C'est pour aujourd'hui ou pour demain ?
- Ça va être pour demain ou après-demain, patron...

I've always love this reply :D

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 11 years ago

one of our mods speaks french primarily, I have even heard of one member that used an online translator lol and your English is good, so don't be shy to jump into the conversation.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 11 years ago

Hi there! Nice to meet you. 3 years huh? I've been on here almost 3 years too.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Darkgirl
Kokoro Robot

diehard67 : Thank you very much, you're very nice :D Online translator... yes, very useful sometimes, but in an ideal world, I'm suspicious translating whole sentences with this tool. You put a french sentence in the machine, and sometimes you get an insignificant capharnaum :lol: Better for words alone...
If the french member is the girl I think, she use it perfectly, because her english is very good !

Anime Girl : Nice to meet you too ! Yeah, 2009... 3 or 4 year... I'm a little dyslexic :lol:

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 11 years ago

"Darkgirl" wrote:hard67 : I'm suspicious translating whole sentences with this tool. You put a french sentence in the machine, and sometimes you get an insignificant capharnaum :lol: Better for words alone...

Welcome, glad you've found the courage to join us. And I agree, the translating sites can be a real 'patente a gosses'. :p

Solarcat20
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Solarcat20 » 11 years ago

hi Darkgirl, welcome :)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

"Darkgirl" wrote:If the french member is the girl I think, she use it perfectly, because her english is very good !

I don't know if you are referring to me, but I'm pretty sure I'm the person diehard67 was referring to. ;)

I think your English is just fine, we understand your point perfectly. Why don't you actually use this as an opportunity to improve your skills even more? Your written English will not improve if you stick to reading only. I'm much more comfortable in English than I was when I joined in 2005, and my posts here are a good part of the reason. ;)

Don't be shy! :) Many of us here do not have English as a first language.
Last edited by Astro Forever on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

"Darkgirl" wrote:Hi ! I'm a "old" member, since around 3 years. I read most of your threads since a long time, but I'm a little bit shy to post, because I'm a french speacking girl. I read fluently threads in english, but unfortunatly I've a serious lack of practice. So, there's no problem to enjoy reading the threads on the forums. I continue to follow your posts and hoping the forum keep a high level of activity from the members. Sorry for the grammatical hardcore :whistling: A strong Astro fan, Darkgirl :ninja:

so darkgirl I speak french too I'm billigual if you need help btw I'm also Canadian. Nice to see your on the forum, another thing I find the translators are not always correct. Here's a couple words for you in french Darkgirl.

Bonjour, comment sa va mon amie. J'aime parler en francais, je m'excuse je peux pas mis les accents, mon ordinateur la pas. Je suis Canadienne aussi, et je suis en immersion francaise. Depuis que j'etais 2-3 ans j'ai commencer a parler le francais
Last edited by racoonangel on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Darkgirl
Kokoro Robot

Novacain : Thank you, I'm glad too :) Yes, as you said about translators : tsé, c'est des vraies patentes à gosse ces affaires-là" llol

Solarcat20 : Thank you so much :)

Astro Forever : I'm grateful, thanks, you're nice ! I'm more confident :D

racoonangel : Ce n'est pas grave pour les accents. Le français est une langue difficile et compliquée. Tu es très bonne en français, bravo !

I'm touched to consider we are some canadians on the forum. Cheers my friends. And thank you again everybody for this "hello" :heart:
Last edited by Darkgirl on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stupid fault, not the right word ;)

racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

Merci, Darkgirl.
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Return to “General Discussion”