What's Happened to Tezuka In English - the forums seem to have vanished!!

Off topic discussion.
AprilSeven
Silent Song

What's Happened to Tezuka In English - the forums seem to have vanished!!

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

I hadn't been over to TIE in a while and decided to see what was going on over there, and it appears they are going through another major re-design of the site.

They had a "work in progress" notice, and it appears they have added Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook sites BUT I couldn't find the old "Discussion" section where they had quite a selection of forums. It would be a real shame to lose all that conversation and information (that's the beauty of a forum - it's like an ever-expanding "library of information, opinions and ideas.")

Does anyone out there know what's going on? Will they bring the forums back or do they just expect us to communicate in Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook?

TIE was also our "back up site" where we could post information whenever ABO had "technical difficulties."

It has been even more quiet than this site, so maybe they figured it was time to try something different? :confused:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

GemTenma
Metro City Citizen

Postby GemTenma » 9 years ago

I never heard of them before?
Maybe they are upgrading like you said.
Astro my love, soon I can hold you in my arms again :heart: :heart: :astro:

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 9 years ago

I know. When I had all my links in my sig, I clicked it, but it lead to a 404 error thingy. That's the main reason I removed links from my sig, to many dead links.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

I can't find the site either.

strobe_z
Kokoro Robot

Postby strobe_z » 9 years ago

I closed the forum when we moved TiE to the new server and updated the format. Basically no one was really using it and most people that frequent astroboy-online only really went there if there was some issue here and vanished again as soon as it was fixed. So I just didn't bother trying to move it along with the rest of the site.

However, I have been convinced that given the amount of information gathered in the forum, it is still a good resource. As such, I have re-instated the TiE forum, although there seems to be a few rough spots in the format after taking it out of mothballs. Hopefully I can fix those quickly, but it's still useable for now.

You can find the Tezuka in English site at http://tezukainenglish.com and the forum at http://tezukainenglish.com/forums

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

Good to see you over here, Strobe_z!

I like a lot of the updates you've made, but - as you pointed out - TIE's forums were great information resources, and it's interesting to note that a number of members from this forum eventually found TIE to be where they'd rather "hang out."

I always considered TIE to be richer with overall Tezuka information, and many times I'd visit - but not "sign in."

The new look is even better than before - congratulations and thanks for filling us in on what's happening there! :D

strobe_z
Kokoro Robot

Postby strobe_z » 9 years ago

Thanks, I'm doing my best to inform people about all of Tezuka's great works.

Btw, I'm working at filling in info for the TiE Astro Boy pages and instead of recreating the wheel, I'd like to use the great chapter synopsis from the AB-online wiki (http://www.astroboy-online.com/wiki/darkhorse). Is there anyone here who can give me permission to use them (or waive the need)?

I could re-write synopsis myself, but it seems like a waste.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

Contact Astro Forever or Vergere (our Admins) - Sounds like a very cool idea to me, but they have final say.

Are you going to keep Jeffbert's comments - I know he always refers people to his content on TIE.

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Contact Astro Forever or Vergere (our Admins) - Sounds like a very cool idea to me, but they have final say.

Are you going to keep Jeffbert's comments - I know he always refers people to his content on TIE.

Um....this weird at my place it's seem to be still there...the Tezuka in English site.
I see a few of you don't work, but why does the site here work..what's going on O.o ?????

Return to “General Discussion”