Where are our members?

Off topic discussion.
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Where are our members?

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

Has anybody ever searched the membership list here to find out the demographics of our group, specifically what countries our members live in? Not everyone does mention their country of origin in their profile of course.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

:unsure: I don't think we ever did do a demographic of our user's origin and I tried to figure out if I could list our members according to their country or IP Addresses and I found that I couldn't (at least I don't think I can).

The only way I can think of to do this is for one of the moderators to look up each member's IP Address and list where that originates and then make a technical graph or chart. But that would be a LOT of work, and something I am not willing to do nor do I have the time. :eek:

There may be another more simple way to get a full listing (but I do not have the skill to see it).

One may be for someone to make a poll and have various regions displayed on where they are from such as;

North America
Central America
South America
Europe
Africa
Middle East
Asia
Pacific Islands
etc.

And then they could comment where they are from. :) (though naturally this depends on how many actually respond to the poll)
Last edited by Earthshine on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:There may be another more simple way to get a full listing (but I do not have the skill to see it).

One may be for someone to make a poll and have various regions displayed on where they are from such as;

North America
Central America
South America
Europe
Africa
Middle East
Asia
Pacific Islands
etc.

And then they could comment where they are from. :) (though naturally this depends on how many actually respond to the poll)

I actually made a thread like that not too long ago:

Locations/Languages Of All Members

Obviously, not everyone would want to post their location for privacy and security reasons though (which is understandable).

There's also these threads I posted which asked members for their age and sex. The age thread is anonymous, which allows members to vote in poll without actually revealing their age. If they wanted too though, they could reply to thread to say what their age is.

The male or female thread is the same way.

Age range of ABO members
Are there more males or females on ABO?

AnimeMeraklisiBlogcu
Kokoro Robot

Postby AnimeMeraklisiBlogcu » 8 years ago

I'm here! :) :)

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

Actually I was quite curious as to if we had any members from Astro's home land. But I'm sure there are quite a few Japanese fan sites so why would anyone there have discovered ours? It would be interesting to know about the fandom from the 'home land' point of view.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:Actually I was quite curious as to if we had any members from Astro's home land. But I'm sure there are quite a few Japanese fan sites so why would anyone there have discovered ours? It would be interesting to know about the fandom from the 'home land' point of view.

Ah, gotcha. I believe we have, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I'll do a quick search myself.

Also, congrats on 2,000 posts, Earthshine! :)

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

Actually I was quite curious as to if we had any members from Astro's home land. But I'm sure there are quite a few Japanese fan sites so why would anyone there have discovered ours? It would be interesting to know about the fandom from the 'home land' point of view.

I see.

I'm not sure if we have any members that hail from Japan, and if they are, they are not very active. The closest we have are some members who are extremely familiar with the language and culture of Japan and know the ins and outs in general. Of course this is not a true representation of the Japanese people as a whole.

It would be nice to have more members from Japan but I think you are right, with the official Tezuka website and assuredly strictly Japanese websites I doubt many would sign up here.

We did and do however have some members from China (drastically different from Japan of course) but it shows how people can find this site even in other countries whose main language is not English.

Ah, gotcha. I believe we have, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I'll do a quick search myself.

Also, congrats on 2,000 posts, Earthshine!

:w00t: I have never achieved 2000 posts on any other forum ever.
Last edited by Earthshine on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

After going to "Members List", clicking on "Search Members", and clicking on "Advanced Search", I typed "Japan" into the "Location" section, and came up with five members. Two of them aren't actually from Japan, but I can confirm that the following three members are from Japan (none of them were ever that active though):

Cobalt
KazumixJapan
mi2atom

There may be others, but it would take way too much time to search for them.

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 8 years ago

Very interesting thread topic. I've become very interested in Japan from watching things such as Astroboy. I intend to study the language one day.

Return to “General Discussion”